106

After breakfast, April went to the place her father had kept her in to talk with her father, but of course, Kol nor her friends let her go alone.

"Your father is still in there." Elijah informed April once they got there.

"Even if I know for some time you guys are vampires and all that, it's still freaky for me how you can just hear the heartbeat of someone." April said.

"April, we will be here for you." Rebekah said.

"I still don't think you should go alone." Kol said.

"Don't worry. I have the taser you bought me." April said, showing him the purple taser he gave to her before spring break.

"There's tasers in purple? That's so cute!" Caroline said, making everyone look at her. "What? Just because I'm worried doesn't mean I won't take a second to appreciate cute things."

"She is a multitasker. One of the many things I love about her." Klaus said with a proud smirk and kissed her cheek, making her smile.

"His dimples aren't the cutest thing ever?" Caroline smiled.

"Oh God! You two are now going through the mating ritual again, aren't you?" Kol said with a disgusted face.

"You're just jealous because you're not having any luck." Klaus said and Caroline noticed April blushing.

"Oh my God! You guys totally did it!" Caroline smiled at April who was now as red as a tomato.

"We sooo need to have a girl chat about this." Caroline said.

"Just not with many details." Rebekah said with a disgusted face.

" Rebekah said with a disgusted face

"Fine. Can I go now?" April asked and everyone nodded.

***

April was now facing her father, the man who made her pass out and tied her up just so she wouldn't be able to help save her friends. The man she used to admire but now she didn't even know. The man who raised her, who turned out to be just a stranger in her eyes.

"Why can't I leave?" Pastor asked.

"You will in a couple of minutes." April said. "I should warn you. Esther and Mikael are dead. I'm no longer going to live with you. And once I'm done with high school. I'll leave this place."

"I know you don't understand but what I did was for you. It was all for you."

"No. What you did was because you are ignorant." April said and shook her head not believing she needed to tell him about this. "You're a pastor. You talk about second chances, about forgiveness, redemption, about how everyone can be saved from their demons. You are the last person who should do something like this. You made me, your own daughter, unconscious and you kept me here so my friends would die. You made an alliance with Mikael and Esther. They were horrible people. They wanted to kill their kids."