58

Caroline had to leave the gym because she was starting to see everything spinning around her, Klaus quickly noticed it and followed her, finding her in the girls' bathroom.

"Love... are you feeling alright?" Klaus asked and noticed Caroline was about to pass out, so he wrapped his arm around her, bite his wrist and made her drink from him. "How long have you been without blood?"

"A few days. I've been busy."

"You need to feed, love." Klaus said concerned with her well-being.

"I'm better now..." Caroline whispered and kissed him. "All because of you... my hero." Caroline smiled at him and whispered. "Can I drink from you again?"

Klaus nodded and Caroline bites his neck, making him groan in pleasure. She pushed him against the door, wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him passionately.

"No! Our first time will definitely not be in a bathroom." Caroline whispered, pushing him away to not give into the temptation.

***

Elijah interrupted Stefan and Rebekah's dance because he wanted to give her his gift, so he took her to the corner of the gym where was a few chairs and a table.

"Hey! Is everything okay?" Rebekah asked.

"Yes. That's a lovely koala corsage." Elijah said and Rebekah smiled, looking at it.

"Thank you. Stefan gave it to me. Although he didn't need to. I mean, just the fact he asked everyone to help him give me a small experience about living in the 80s it's more than enough."

"Yes. Stefan has been showing that he does care for you... deeply." Elijah said and made him happy because not only meant his sister could be happy with a nice man but also meant that Stefan was over Elena.

"So... why did you wanted to talk to me in here?" Rebekah asked because she feared that once she let herself see that Stefan does care for her, she would get her heart broken like she did all those other times before.

"I wanted to give you a gift." Elijah said and gave her a box with a bow on top of it.

"If it's a book about etiquette, it's a sucky gift." Rebekah said and he simply nodded, letting Rebekah open the box to see her gift.

"The Great Gatsby...? I thought you had said this was a horrible book that nobody should buy it." Rebekah frowned.

"I did say that. Although it was only for you not to buy the book because I've been looking for this book. The very first edition. To make sure that you wouldn't read it, I lied to you about the quality of the book, which hurt me because good literature deserves to be appreciated. Now, that I saw your reaction to receiving this book all that headache and nightmares were nothing compare to how happy you got." Elijah said.

"Nightmares."

"Of course. How could I have nice dreams when I said such horrible things about a good book and a good writer?" Elijah said.

"Elijah, don't ever change." Rebekah said and hugged her older brother, wanting him to always be the formal and literature nerd he is.

Rebekah put the book back in the box and took it to her locker to make sure it wouldn't get lost or dirty or something like that.

Elena walked over to Elijah when saw Rebekah leave because Elena wanted to know how was Rebekah's reaction.

"So...? Did she like your gift? What was it? I mean, you told me it would be a book but you never told me which one." Elena said.

"I believe she liked it. It was the Great Gatsby. First edition." Elijah said.

"First edition? Isn't the first edition like 300 000 dollars?" Elena asked in disbelief.

"356 308,14 dollars to be precise. I thought it would be much higher."

"I know that you are used to buy 5 000 dollar suits but you have to admit that book it's very expensive." Elena said because she's still not used to the fact that the Mikaelsons have way more money than she could imagine.

"Nine... if we're counting. I'm not a barbarian."

"You're kidding..." Elena said and then her smile dropped when noticed Elijah was being serious. "9 000 dollars for a suit? Okay. It's decided. One of these days I will take you to buy clothes that are not expensive and make you spend a day as normal people spend their day."

"Why? Do you have a problem with me having expensive clothes?" Elijah asked confused.

"No. I just think it would be very funny to see you out of your comfort zone." Elena said. "But how did you get all these money? I heard stories about you and your siblings as humans... I had the idea you weren't rich."

"And we weren't, but with time we met powerful people, we found lands and houses to live in and then we sold anonymously. We tried to do everything discretely because we feared Mikael would find us. Niklaus also sold anonymously his paintings, there was a time my brothers and I become noblemen and my sister noblewoman. My brother and I did rule New Orleans for a good amount of years, joining all the fractions together. At one point my sister was a nurse."

"Bekah? Nurse?"

"Yes. It was a way for us to get blood discreetly." Elijah said.

"Wow! You all did so much..."

"We have been around for a thousand years..." Elijah said and Elena nodded in understanding.

"I know... I guess I can't exactly comprehend what's like to live for so many years and have so much happening around me."

"When we become vampires, time for us changes. Einstein was right when he said that time is relative. Time is the same but when we are in different situation, minutes can pass too quickly or can feel like hours."

"I get that. Like Ted Mosby once said: Sometimes hours can feel like minutes and sometimes a single second can last a lifetime."

"From that show How I Met Your Mother?"

"Yes! I can't believe you remembered it!" Elena said with a smile.

"You did made me watch an whole season in one day." Elijah said. "Besides, I enjoy knowing things that you like and care about."

"Aww! You're the cutest boyfriend ever!" Elena said and kissed him.