36

Elena spend hours to try to pick a dress, she eventually picked out a black dress that would assent her nicely and would be a bit revealing but not too much, then she decided to curl her hair but with loose curls, not like Katherine's curls, she put some natural makeup and ended the outfit with some black heels.

After hours of being nervous and anxious, it was finally time and as soon she heard the doorbell, she opened the door.

"Wow!" Elijah whispered to himself, admiring how beautiful and tempting she was with that black dress. "I'm sorry, Elena. I feel unable to find any words that can describe how beautiful you look."

"You look Wow too." Elena smiled and then Elijah gave her flowers that he has been holding behind her back.

"They are beautiful! Thank you." Elena smiled as she admired them. "Come in. I'll put them in some water." Elena went to the kitchen and Elijah followed her. "So... where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Elijah said and then they went to his car and he started to drive them to the mysterious place.

"Come on! Tell me. I can even act surprise when we get there if you want to." Elena said, making Elijah laugh.

"Alright. At first I was thinking in taking you to a nice restaurant but that's what people usually do and you aren't just some random person and this dinner means a lot to me... I've never really let my guard down. I've never had a connection like I have with you. And I've never had someone willing to be in danger just to be with me... so I thought in taking you out to dinner in a place that it's important to us." Elijah said and in seconds they got to their destination.

Elena got out the car and saw they were walking over to the place where they usually train. It wasn't a big fancy restaurant but was a special place to them, which only made it better.

Once Elijah opened the door, she gasped with the sight, the gym was now full of candles and roses, then there was a small table for two with two plates ready to be eaten and a bottle of wine.

"Did I make a mistake by canceling the restaurant reservations?" Elijah asked, afraid this would be a disappointment to Elena.

"No. This is perfect!" Elena said and smiled to him.

Elena and Elijah seat and Elijah served them the wine he had chosen for this dinner.

"You got my favorite food!" Elena smiled.

"I wanted to make sure you wouldn't completely regret this dinner."

"Elijah, I want this." Elena whispered, holding his hand, making him smile to her. "But now we better eat before it gets cold."

They ate and talked about each other, Elena was even able to make him open up a bit about his human life, and quickly the dinner got to an end because when people are enjoying someone's company, time can fly by.

"Elena, would you give me the honor of a dance before we leave?"

"There's no music." Elena said.

"I found Kol in a good mood so I was able to borrow his music player device." Elijah said, showing Elena Kol's iPod.

Elijah and Elena shared the earphones and Elijah clicked on play, expecting a music they could slow dance to but instead they found themselves listening Old Time Rock n Roll by Bob Seger.

"That was not..." Elijah said awkwardly and Elena started to laugh.

"I'm sorry. I just... I can't stop picturing Kol doing the Tom Cruise dance while listening to this." Elena laughed and Elijah smiled. "But what do you say of us going to this amazing ice cream place and then we can have that dance..."