74

April texted her father so they could meet at the garden near the Mystic grill so she could talk to him about this deal.

"April, I'm so glad you decided to meet." Her father said when saw her and gave her a hug and April quickly broke it.

"We need to talk. I know you wanted to make a deal with my friends about the water supply that had me involved and I think I deserve to be the one making the decision about it and they agreed with me."

"April, I don't like to see you being so close to those things."

"They are people, not things. The only difference is that they are immortal." April said upset with her father's behavior.

"They are dangerous."

"Yet they care about me, protect me and help me get stronger to be able to defend myself." April said and shook her head, making herself stoop arguing and just get into the subject. "You said that if I moved back in, no longer would be vervain in the water supply."

"That's correct."

"What if instead of that, I try to spend more time with you and you will make sure no more vervain will be on the water" April proposed.

"I want you to come back home. I want you to go back to a place that I know it's safe for you."

"You know that making me come back will only make things harder, right?"

"One day you'll thank me." Her father said, making her roll her eyes.

"Fine. I can go move back in with you, but I will keep spending time with my friends, even if you don't like it. You'll have to stop putting vervain in the water and stop hurting them in any way. They are good, they don't hurt anyone. I'll move in with you but you need to keep your part of this deal. If you don't, I'll leave and won't talk to you ever again." April said.

"Fine. But one day I know you'll see I'm right." April father said.

"I'm going to pack my things and once there won't be any vervain on the water, I'll be back at home." April said and left.

***

Kol knew April had left to go talk with her father, and because she asked him to let her do this alone, he stayed in the guest room that she had been sleeping in, he paced around, checking the time every 5 seconds because of how nervous he was.

"Hey..." April said with a small smile.

"It's so good to see you, darling!" Kol said and hugged her tightly.

"Kol, it's been less than an hour since we last saw each other." April said with a smile.

"You talked with your dad... How did it go?"

"Not great but it could go worse." April sighed. "I'm going to move back in once the vervain is out of the water supply."

"You shouldn't have sacrificed yourself for us." Kol whispered.

"Hey, you guys have been always amazing to me. It's the least I could do. And it's not like I'm risking my life." April said.

"Still. You shouldn't do something you don't want to."

"I'll be fine, Kol." April whispered.

"How long will it take to get the vervain out of the water?"

"I don't know. It might be a few days. Why?"

"Because I intend to make most of the time we spend together." Kol whispered and gave her a peck on the nose, making her smile.

"Kol... What is this?"