18

The girls decided to spend the afternoon together and try to find something fun to do that Bonnie and April could also participate in, even with them hangover, so they decided to go to Elena's place and have some girl bonding time

***

They were now all at Elena's place, seating on the floor while painting each other's nails, eating ice cream and having girl talk.

"April, you and Kol seem to get along really well..." Elena started with a smirk.

"Yeah... he is really nice to me. But I think Kol and I won't ever work."

"Why?" Rebekah asked.

"I was stupid and told him I never kissed a guy before and... he probably likes girls with more experience than me and..."

"I can't believe you're making me defend my brother but... Kol really likes you. If he didn't care about you, he would be sleeping around with random girls but he isn't."

"Maybe that's only because he likes the chase. Besides, how could I compare with the other girls he dated?"

"You can't do that. But just the fact that he isn't looking for a one-night-stand is already a big deal. Believe me." Rebekah said.

"If you say so..." April said, not sure if Rebekah said that to just be nice. "Anyway... Elena, when did you and Elijah become a thing?"

"We are not... we are friends." Elena said, blushing.

"Friends who have the hots for each other." Caroline said, making Elena blush even more.

"We are really just friends."

"That's how it starts..." Bonnie said, making Elena give her a look.

"How about we talk about Klaus and Caroline? They almost can't take their hands off each other." Elena smirked at Caroline, who blushed.

"You two make a really cute couple." April said with a smile, not knowing their relationship was fake.

"Thanks... I don't know what is it. Klaus can drive me crazy but he can also make me feel happy and important and... I don't know." Caroline said and tried to be careful to not let April find out the relationship was all a charade. "We agreed on going slow, you know... but then we got to spend more time together and then when he touches me, it's like... electricity and fireworks and all that sappy stuff they say in the movies. This started with being something... light."

"Wait. You guys started dating why?" April now asked confused.

"He has been always nice to me and he has shown many times he liked me but I was with Tyler, so I took a chance when Tyler and I broke up. And because I had gotten out of a serious relationship, we agreed on going slowly and just enjoy each other's company. I always found him hot and he was always sweet to me but... now I think things are getting more serious."