32

It was night, Klaus was ready to go to sleep, but he heard something hitting the window, so he went to see and noticed it was Caroline, when he opened the door, she quickly vamp speed into his room.

"Hello, Love! What gives me the honor of such a surprise and late visit?" Klaus asked.

"I've been thinking and here's the thing. I'm trying to rationalize everything and it's impossible so I was wondering what would you say of us keep faking to be dating and keep having this mess of situation?"

"I would love that." Klaus whispered with a smirk, making Caroline smile.

"Klaus..." Caroline whispered once they were both laying down on the bed and cuddling with each other.

"Yes, Love?"

"Hayley told me she tried to seduce you when I was out..." Caroline whispered.

"Oh..."

"Thank you for not having sex with her. I'm sure you wanted to."

"I didn't wanted to. I wanted to be with you, Caroline. Not her." Klaus whispered and Caroline kissed him softly.

"I shouldn't do this to you. I should let you go and spend time with random girls."

"But you don't want to see me with other girls..." Klaus said and Caroline nodded, admitting she didn't want him to be with other girls.

"But it doesn't matter. It's just me being selfish and..."

"Love, you're not selfish. You're just not ready to give me a chance. But it's okay, I'll wait for you." Klaus whispered and gave her a peck on her lips.

"I don't want to use you." Caroline whispered.

***

Kol woke up from a nightmare, it wasn't just any nightmare, in this nightmare, Kol saw April being used as a vampires blood bag and then being killed by a werewolf. This nightmare only made him feel more scared about April spending so much time with people who belonged to the supernatural world.

Kol couldn't fall asleep after that, so he texted April and as they talked, she realized how much affected he got with this nightmare that he tried to not give many details about, so she sneaked out and went to see him. When she got there, she saw Kol in the front door and once she was by his side, he hugged her tightly, but without using his supernatural strength.

"I'm sorry I made you come here. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me." Kol whispered.

"Forget about that. How are you? You worried me. Are these nightmares something you have often?"

"No. It felt so real..."

"I'm here now and if anything happens, I brought the taser you gave me." April said with a smile, making Kol smirk.

Kol and April went to his room and lay down on the bed, looking at each other, having only the moon to provide them some illumination.

"No one would get out of bed because I had some nightmare. You really are one of a kind, darling." Kol whispered, letting his hand rest on her cheek and softly caressing it with his thumb.

"No guy was ever as kind and sweet as you are to me. No wonder you have so many girls wishing to be with you..." April whispered.

Kol leaned in and April did the same but, once again, they did not kiss, they simply stayed with their lips inches away from each other, as they felt their forehead resting on the other's and their noses touching.

"I've never been like this with a guy." April whispered.

"I won't make you do something you don't want to do." Kol assured her.

April smiled to him and gave herself permission to touch him, so she let her hand touch his abs and move slowly to his chest then to his neck, then she moved to be a bit closer to him, making him move his hand to her waist. She rested her head on his chest and they both fall asleep.

***

It was morning and Elijah left to the place he trains to try to forget about the dream he had, it wasn't just a random dream, it was him and Elena doing a lot more than kissing.

He was punching and kicking the boxing bag and went to the point where with a kick he threw the bag to the other side of the room.

He had another boxing bag but he didn't want to risk to ruin it and not have it for when he would train Elena so he started to do push ups

Elena appeared and fake couching to make Elijah notice her, making him get up and grab a towel.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be here." Elena whispered and was about to leave but Elijah grabbed her arm, making her turn to face him.

"You can always come here. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes. I just... I wanted to talk to you." Elena whispered and Elijah nodded. "I wanted to tell you that I appreciate you letting me figure how to handle this vampire life and giving me time to adjust to everything. And I also wanted to tell you that if you decide to date other people, I'll understand. I don't want you to stop living your life because of me... I want you to be happy."

Elijah wanted to tell Elena that no one but her could make him happy but he also feared that once she got he handle of being a vampire she would see her feelings for him were not of passion but of caring and compassion, he was also afraid that if he kept opening up to her, she would be a target to the his enemies, which weren't few.

"What happened to that?" Elena asked when saw the boxing bag laying in the floor.

"I was training and lost control..." Elijah said.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I was just trying to clear my head. No need to worry." Elijah said.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me, if you want to." Elena said, not knowing exactly what was going on with him and in what way she could help him.

"I appreciate that, Elena. I truly do. But I prefer to not talk about it." Elijah said and Elena nodded, knowing what was like to not want to talk about things.

"Okay. I let you have some space, then..." Elena smiled.

"Stay..." Elijah whispered.