51

Kol made sure Tyler was still in the Salvatore dungeon, where he left him, then he went to see April.

It was now around the time April usually goes to sleep and Kol wanted to talk with her, because he hated the last time they talked she looked so scared of him.

Kol knock on April's bedroom window, making her look at him and open the window.

"What do you want? Tell me more lies? Or talk about how enjoyable it is to have a guy begging you for mercy?"

"April, I am sorry I didn't told you about this supernatural world. I wanted to... but most people who find about this world get hurt. I couldn't let myself see you get hurt."

"I hate being kept on the dark. Now I get why you wanted me so badly to learn how to defend myself and use guns. It wasn't for guys who would bother me, it was for any supernatural creature who tried to hurt me." April said upset.

"I was trying to protect you!"

"I can protect myself!"

"Really? Because today it looked like you would be on the verge of death if Rebekah and I wouldn't heard your screams." Kol said upset.

"And is that your excuse for almost suffocating Tyler today? How could you do something like that?"

"He hurt you!"

"You were enjoying it... You were liking to hear him begging for you to let him live, you were liking to see him gasping for air, you were liking to see him get weaker... The Kol I knew would never do something like that. But I guess the Kol I thought I knew it was just an illusion." April said in tears, disappointed with him but mostly with herself for not having seen this sooner when was right in front of her.

"I never lied about who I was as a person. I am still that guy you know, I am just immortal..."

"No. You didn't hide just the fact you were a vampire, there's this side of you that I have never seen before... hurting people and making them be on the verge of death... And for how much you tell me it's because you were protecting me and because he hurt me... There's other ways to handle that which don't involve almost suffocating people." April said.

"April, please don't shut me out. Let's start over. Now with no secrets. No lies." Kol said because he couldn't stand the thought of having April out of his life.

"I-I don't know if I can do that..." April whispered.

"Please... I need you in my life. You make me a better person, you make me happy... Please."

"Did you ever compelled me?" April asked.

"Never."

"Did you ever pretend to have feelings for me?" April asked.

"My feelings for you are and were always real. All that I said about how I felt about you is true. The only thing I haven't been truthful with you about is the supernatural stuff. I was never pretending to be someone I wasn't around you, I simply pretended that I was human." Kol said.

"Will you lie to me ever again?"

"No. Unless I'll be making you a surprise party." Kol said, making April smile a bit.

"Why were you so concern about teaching me how to defend myself? Why didn't you let Rebekah help me defend myself or something like that?"

"Because... I care about you, April. I like you... I really like you." Kol said, meaning it.

"Please don't make me regret this." April whispered and hugged Kol, then they lay down in bed and cuddled.

***

Rebekah was now talking with Stefan about everything that happened and how she was scared of losing April.

"What if she stops being my friend? What if she hates me? I tried to do everything right but..."

"She doesn't hate you. You ended up telling her the truth. Now, what she needs is time to take it in all this supernatural stuff." Stefan said rubbing his hand on Rebekah's back in a soothing way.

"Do you really think so?" Rebekah asked and Stefan nodded. "I can't help but think that if I stayed with my eye on her, I would be able to stop Tyler from hurting her. She didn't deserved that. I mean, this was suppose to be her day. She just got the title of Miss Mystic Falls. She was the first one that wasn't from the founding families to ever won. This was suppose to be a day of celebration not a day of her finding out all this supernatural stuff..."

"Things don't always go as planned. We can only control how we act in certain situations and how we handle what happens around us. We can't control what happens." Stefan said.

"I know..." Rebekah whispered. "I just... I feel that if I had payed more attention, I would stop April from getting hurt..."

"You can't make yourself feel guilty over this. You had no way to know this would happen and you can't be always following April like a security guard. And even if this would have not happened, maybe some other day she would find out about this. We have no way to know." Stefan said. "You did everything you could to protect her. All you did was with the intention of helping her. She will see that sooner or later."

"Do you really think so?"

"Of course. You gave her a bracelet to be immune to compulsion. That alone shows that you care about her." Stefan said and Rebekah gave him a small smile.

" Stefan said and Rebekah gave him a small smile

"Thank you... for being here for me..." Rebekah whispered and hugged Stefan.

"Sleep with me." Stefan whispered.

"Someone just goes straight to the point, huh? Seeing me in a slightly more vulnerable way and wanting to get in my pants? I wasn't expecting that from hero hair. Salvadouche maybe but you...?" Rebekah joked, breaking the hug.

"No... I meant... sleep with me like in just sleeping." Stefan said and quickly added. "Not that I wouldn't enjoy being with you in that way... I just... What I meant..."

"You're adorable when you don't know what to say." Rebekah said with a smile.

"I guess I could stay and sleep here... Maybe I'll be able to actually have some sleep." Rebekah whispered.