34

Elena and Elijah were now in the couch, taking a break from their training.

"You're getting better and better. Soon I'll have nothing more to teach you. You'll be able to kill me in a matter of seconds." Elijah said.

"Yeah, right... I still have much to learn and a lot of training to do." Elena said. "And the praise it shouldn't go all for me. After all, what's of the student without the teacher?"

Elena gave him a peck on the cheek, making him smile and wrap his arm around her as she gave him another peck on the cheek.

"Elena..." he tried to ask her to stop but he couldn't because he didn't wish for her to stop.

Elijah grabbed Elena and lay down on top of her, making her wrap her legs around him and letting her hands on his neck. He let his hand move from her waist to her belly and then move to her breasts and back again to her belly, then he did the same thing but with his hand under her top.

"Elijah..." she moaned, feeling electric just with his touch, feeling something like she never experienced before.

"I've never found so difficult to stop myself from being selfish... But for how much I desire to be with you, I know it can't happen."

"Elijah, I like you. Why can't we just give us a chance?" Elena asked, not understanding why would be so bad them to get together.

"Because I don't want you to get in danger. Once we get together, you'll be the target to many of my enemies." Elijah whispered.

"I'll defend myself like you've been teaching me." Elena whispered.

"Do you really want to be with me even when it means your life being in danger?" Elijah asked in disbelief.

"Of course. I like you and I want to be with you." Elena whispered and Elijah kissed her.

"Elena, what if you are misunderstanding your feelings? Maybe all you feel for me is compassion, respect or esteem but you're misreading your feelings as something more." Elijah said, afraid of accepting her feeling towards him and then losing her.

For months he has been realizing his feelings towards Elena were getting stronger but he tried to push those feelings away because Elena wasn't exactly having an easy life but now he couldn't deny them any longer and he was very aware that Elena become so important to him that he was now afraid of losing her.

"Elijah, I know how I feel. I like you. I really like you." Elena whispered, grabbed his hand and let it rest on her chest, making him feel her heart beating.

"Ever single time I'm around you my heart beats faster, I get nervous and happy, I feel like... I don't know how to describe it but it's like something you see in movies... I count the time to have another train with you just because it's something that it's only ours..." Elena smiled. "My feelings for you are very real. I like you, Elijah. And I don't care if you have or have not enemies. I care about you and only you."

"Let me take you out tonight."

"As in a date?" Elena smiled.

"Yes. A date. I'll appear at your door, I'll take you out, we will have a nice dinner and I'll get you back home safe and sound. Just like those movies that my sister makes my brothers and I watch with her." Elijah smiled and Elena laughed with the picture of Rebekah making her brothers watch romcoms.

"That sounds lovely." Elena smiled.

" Elena smiled

***

Rebekah was on the rooftop of the high school with Stefan because that has become their special place. Stefan got a few grapes, some win, some blood bags and some snacks.

Rebekah was now talking with Stefan about Klaus and Caroline, and trying to talk about what was going on without telling him that Caroline's relationship with Klaus was all fake because she had promised to keep that a secret.

"I mean, Klaus knew Caroline wasn't ready for a serious relationship. He knew it was all... more like a fling. But now she is clearly feeling things for my brother that she didn't felt before and everyone can see she likes him but now she feels that she has been using him and that she can't keep doing that. She gave him a note saying she would be gone for the day to think about things and it's hurting me seeing my brother feeling so sad and helpless... and then there's Caroline who has been through so much and deserves to let herself be happy."

"Do you think they will have a break?"

"Yes... I think Caroline will try to figure out how she feels on her own." Rebekah whispered.

"I hope they will work out. Caroline never had a guy fighting so hard for her. He is better with her. And Caroline seems more sure of herself around him. It's like they just make each other better." Stefan said and Rebekah simply nodded.

"What?" Rebekah asked when saw Stefan looking at her.

"I'm happy you are finally becoming friends with the girls. I know you never had many friends because you and your siblings were always on the run... you deserve to have friends who are there for you and care about you." Stefan whispered.

"Don't be so hopeful. I don't know how long it will last."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because every time I'm starting to create bonds with others, something happens to ruin all of it. Why would now be different?"

"Because now you are no longer on the run. You don't need to keep pushing people away from you." Stefan whispered.

"I didn't had much luck when I let them in." Rebekah whispered to herself.

"I know and I'm sorry. You did not deserve to went through all the pain and suffer that you went through." Stefan whispered, wishing he could take away all of her pain and putting on himself instead because, the way he sees it, Rebekah doesn't deserve any kind of pain.

AN: Hey guys! What are you thinking of the story so far? What do you think about Elejah finally go on a date? And for the ones wondering what will happen to Klaroline... you'll have to wait for the next chapter but here's a little preview...

 you'll have to wait for the next chapter but here's a little preview