10

Not long after her fight with Tyler, Caroline decided to leave and go home but just when she walked over to the parking lot, she realized she had agreed Klaus being there to pick her up since they were pretending to be dating.

"Hello, Love! How were the classes?" Klaus asked with a smirk.

"Klaus, I'm really not in a very talkative mood today. I'm sorry. You don't need to take me home..."

"If you're not feeling that great, maybe you shouldn't be driving, love. Let me take you home."

"You really don't need to..."

"I just want to make sure you will get home safe." Klaus said, making Caroline roll her eyes.

"Fine..." Caroline said and got into the car.

The ride was silent and Caroline appreciated the fact Klaus was not pushing her in to talk about what happened.

Once he stopped in front of her house, Klaus took her to the front door even after her saying him that it wasn't needed.

"Thank you..." Caroline said once was inside the house.

"Caroline, if you want to talk, you can talk to me." Klaus said, not wanting to see Caroline alone when was in need to be with someone.

"I don't want to be always complaining, Klaus..." Caroline started saying but Klaus quickly gave her a look making her sigh and give in. "Fine. Come in."

Caroline offered him a coffee, water, and blood but he refused and so they sat on the couch and Caroline started to tell him about the small encounter she had with Tyler.

"He first accused me of cheating on him with you and then he started to say that the whole reason of what happened was because of you. He tried to use the fact of us being distant as an excuse of cheating on me and when that didn't work, he tried to use his loneliness as an excuse..." Caroline said as Klaus shook his head in disbelief with how Tyler couldn't even admit his mistakes. "Then when he saw those excuses weren't working he tried to remind me of the times we were together and tried to convince me in getting back together. I knew Tyler used to be a womanizer but I thought that after he had become a werewolf, he had changed and could commit to one woman. I was trying to believe that maybe Tyler and Hayley were meant to be together or that they truly loved each other but apparently, he doesn't love her all that much which sucks because I can see Hayley really likes him..."

"And

"And... you don't want to get back together with Tyler?" Klaus asked, trying to act emotionless, even if inside he was fearing that she would get back together with Tyler, who showed that he wasn't boyfriend material and definitely not worthy of Caroline.

"No! He broke my trust. Even if I tried to give him a chance, I would always be wondering what he was doing and who would he be hanging out because I can't just forget the fact that he cheated on me. And without trust, no relationship can survive." Caroline said. "I still can't believe he thought that if he kissed me I would forget what he did."

"You two kissed?" Klaus asked upset, trying his best to control himself.

Klaus knew he couldn't be jealous because his relationship with Caroline was fake but he couldn't really control it. And he couldn't accept Caroline kissing a man who betrayed her and was unworthy of her love.

"No. He kissed my neck and was trying to see if he kissed me he would make me forget about him cheating on me." Caroline said without even thinking that she was talking now with Klaus, the man who has been after her for almost 2 years.

"I should treat him to make sure that won't happen again."

"Klaus..." Caroline tried to make Klaus come back to his senses.

"You want him to believe we are dating, right? Well, I won't let anyone try stealing my girl." Klaus said angrily.

"First of all, I'm not a thing that you can own. Secondly, I don't want more troubles. And thirdly, I was telling you this because I needed to talk with someone. I don't need a man to fight my battles for me. I'm not a damsel in distress." Caroline said.

"I'm sorry, love. I'm here for you and if you don't want me to go after Tyler then I won't." Klaus said because he knew when it comes to Caroline he couldn't be reckless or selfish.

"Thank you." Caroline said with a small smile.

***

Before April left to go home, Rebekah decided to give her something that would protect her from vampires. Rebekah was a girl who had a really tough time to get friends and April was the only one who actually cared about Rebekah since they met. Rebekah didn't know if she would ever tell April about the supernatural stuff since she had seen that it only brought more drama than April needed, and proof of that was Matt, but either way, Rebekah wanted to make sure April was somehow protected.

"I hope you like it." Rebekah said.

"I love it! But why did you get me a bracelet? It's not my birthday." April said with a smile.

"I just wanted to get you something as a thank you for being such a good friend to me since I got here. It's hard to be the new girl." Rebekah said.

"Aww! Thanks, Bekah. It's so sweet. I also see you as a good friend." April said, meaning it.

"You better not take it off. That bracelet is the symbol of our friendship."

"Don't worry. I will never take it off." April said with a smile as she looked at the bracelet she was now wearing.

Rebekah has been protective of April for some time but now that April seems to spend most of her time with supernatural creatures, Rebekah had to make sure she would be safe