54

Elijah was in the living room reading one of the Harry Potter books when Kol appeared.

"Harry Potter? You know, that kid wasn't that smart." Kol said.

"I believe the teachers and headmasters of Hogwarts are the ones who aren't very smart. I mean, making the students fight against vile creatures? I'm sure they get many complaints from the students parents or tutors. No one would be alright with letting their child in a school that has every year a new evil person or creature walking around the school." Elijah said. "But why do you say Harry Potter wasn't very smart?"

"Because... He was popular and famous and all the girls were after him but he never got laid. And don't even let me started on the invisibility cloak... I mean he used that to read more... What a waste of an invisibility cloak..." Kol said.

"What would you do if you had an...?" Elijah was about to ask but Kol's face gave the answer, making Elijah just shake his head in disapproval, then focus again on the book.

Kol grabbed his phone to start play a game, when he got a text from April asking if they could meet up to talk, which he quickly said yes and suggested the place in the woods where he used to teach her about guns and how to defend herself.

***

Kol vamp speed to the woods, making Elijah yell 'careful' at his brother because there was a few papers in the coffee table, but Kol couldn't care less about the papers. Kol ended up waiting 15 minutes in the woods because April couldn't get there that fast, since she was human, but he didn't mind.

"Kol... Hey! How long have you been here?" April asked, not wanting to make Kol wait for her, especially when was her who ask him to meet up and was because she wanted to ask him for a favor.

"Not long." Kol said, which wasn't a complete lie because in a thousand years, 15 minutes wasn't long. "So... you wanted to talk to me..."

"Yeah

"Yeah... Well... you've taught me how to use a gun, you gave me a taser and even taught me a few self-defense moves..." April started. "And so I was now gonna ask you a favor... which would be you keep helping me in the self defense stuff... and maybe help me to know a bit more about what to do if some vampire tries to drain me or something."

"Yes! This is going to be awesome!" Kol said excited, making April smile.

"Great!" April said with a big smile. "I mean, Bekah told me she would be happy to help me out with this but I always felt this was our thing."

"We have a thing, huh?"

"I didn't meant like that." April blushed while Kol's smirk grew.

***

Klaus and Caroline were making out in Klaus's room but suddenly Caroline stopped kissing him and sighed.

"Seriously?! We can't be like this for 3 minutes without you getting boner?" Caroline said, getting out of his lap.