22

"I hate storms so much!" Rebekah said when they heart the first thunder.

"You know, there's this guy who once got hit by lightning and..." Caroline started to say.

"Become the flash?" Kol cut her off.

"No! He wishes. He got in a coma and woke up stuttering."

"Wow! Really?" April asked.

"But now we are here and we are safe and sound. Nothing will happen." Klaus said, kissing the top of Caroline's head.

"I'm gonna call Bonnie and Elena." Caroline said, grabbing her phone and Klaus took her to the office so she could talk in private.

Rebekah quickly took Klaus to the kitchen to talk in private.

"Nik, I saw you and Caroline kissing at the Grill."

"You know we have to be affectionate..." Klaus said, although that had not been the reason to why he kissed Caroline the way he did at the Grill.

"That kiss seemed very real. I love you, Nik and I am just looking out for you." Rebekah said and even if Klaus wouldn't say it, he truly appreciated Rebekah still be concern with him after all the awful things he has done to her.

"I can take care of myself, sister." Klaus smirked.

"Okay... Just try to take things slow and be patient with her." Rebekah said and went back to the living room with Klaus.

"Apparently, Bonnie is in the Boarding House with Damon and Elena is stuck in a place where she trains with Elijah." Caroline said.

"I'm gonna put some good use of our fireplace." Kol said and put some logs on the fireplace, starting some fire.

April sat near the fireplace, enjoying the hot of the fire and admiring the flames dancing, while Kol smiled at her, who was admiring something so small like a fire.

Caroline sat at the couch and started to watch what shows were airing, Klaus quickly sat next to Caroline, while Rebekah went to get a drink, to forget about the storm, while Stefan followed her.

Caroline got a blanket and used it to cover her and Klaus, while they watched tv.

Every once in awhile a thunder appeared, making Rebekah snuggle to Stefan and Caroline wrap her arms around Klaus's arm.

"Love, it's just a storm. You're immortal. And you are inside a house. Nothing will happen to you. You're safe." Klaus whispered and gave her a peck on her forehead.

"Rational me knows that." Caroline whispered as Klaus smirked, finding this side of Caroline adorable.

" Caroline whispered as Klaus smirked, finding this side of Caroline adorable

***

Elijah and Elena were at his cabin without bloodbags or anything that could provide them any warmth, if they were human, they wouldn't be able to survive this storm.

"I should have gotten things in here, once we started to train in here." Elijah said, hating to not be able to provide Elena what she wants and needs.

"We have blankets and flashlights, it's not that bad." Elena said, not enjoying seeing Elijah being so harsh on himself.

"What if you get hungry? And I'm sure you would prefer a bed than a couch to sleep on... And let's not even mention about how this place has nothing that could entertain you until this is over." Elijah said upset with himself.

"Elijah, I'm okay with sleeping on the couch, I'm not that picky. We can always talk with each other to spend the time. And about hunger... I know it's personal but if it comes to it, we will need to drink from each other." Elena said, blushing.

"Alright. But after tonight we can't drink from each other again... It's too personal... You are still learning how to handle this vampire life and I don't want to make things more complicated for you with this."

"How would it make more complicated?" Elena asked confused.

"Because blood-sharing is personal and even if two people blood-share but are not in a relationship, their bond gets stronger and the way they care about each other gets in a bigger scale. Blood-sharing can be even more personal than... coitus." Elijah said and Elena nodded, blushing, because Elijah was the only one she blood-shared with.

" Elijah said and Elena nodded, blushing, because Elijah was the only one she blood-shared with

"Fine. We agree on no more blood-share from tomorrow forward." Elena said and he nodded.

***

Bonnie was in front of the fireplace that Damon made, enjoying the hot of the fire as Damon wrapped his arms around her and rest his jaw in her shoulder.

"Bon-bon... Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I just hate storms." Bonnie said.

"Don't tell me our brave town witch can be also a scary cat..." Damon joked.

"I am not scared. I just don't like it." Bonnie defended herself.

"Okay. Sorry..." Damon whispered and started to kiss her cheek.

"Damon... don't you wonder sometimes if we should really be like this with each other? I mean..."

"Bon, you are thinking way too much." Damon said, afraid that if he let her keep talking, she would ask him to stop being so affectionate.

"Maybe..." Bonnie whispered.

She knew very well this could end in a great way or in a horrible way but she wasn't going to insist on this talk because she was enjoying being like this with Damon.

***

Rebekah was seating on the couch between Caroline and Stefan while watching tv with another blanket covering her and Stefan. Under the blanket, Rebekah and Stefan were holding hands, making the two of them smile to themselves.

Stefan, eventually, made Rebekah rest her legs on his lap as they hold hands and he wrapped his free arm around her, to pull her closer to him, making her rest her head on his chest.