5

Hayley decided to go talk with Caroline but of course when Caroline opened the door and saw her face, quickly closed it. Hayley was the last person she wanted to see. If it weren't for her, Caroline would still be with Tyler and she wouldn't be in pain like she is right now. Caroline tried to focus on other things but she couldn't deny that Tyler's betrayed her made a big scar on her and it open an old wound... the one that made her feel not good enough to be loved... Caroline was young but already knew what was like to be heartbroken, First was Stefan who quickly rejected her and could only have eyes for Elena, then was Damon who made her feel like a useless waste of space, then there was Matt who always chooses to work and made her feel like Elena's back-up and now was Tyler, the one she thought she had a future with... but Hayley appeared and he choose her.

"I am here in peace. I just... I want to say sorry. I didn't plan this." Hayley said.

"Sorry? For what? For sleeping with my boyfriend? For lying to my face? For pretending to be my friend?" Caroline asked angrily while opening the door to Hayley again.

Caroline was angry with Hayley for lying and betraying her with her boyfriend but was also angry that she could never be happy in a relationship because when things seemed to be working well and steady, something would happen to break that relationship. She was angry for not being able to stop all that drama from happening and from getting heartbroken again.

"I know what I did was awful. I fall in love with Tyler. We spend a lot of time together and things happened... I knew that he had a girlfriend and I told him to break things with you, which he agreed once he got back to Mystic Falls. He then told me he had an idea in how to give the rest of Klaus's hybrids their freedom but for that, he still needed to be with you... then he said he was trying to find the right time and I believed him... I was hoping you to be a horrible person but you aren't. I just... I have no excuse. I should have told you what was going on right away."

"No. Tyler should have told me everything before you two would get... together. I knew our relationship wasn't great but he didn't have to cheat on me. But why are you here? Why do you want to apologize?"

"Because I should never let things get this far." Hayley said.

" Hayley said

"Okay. Well, I can't say we are friends but I guess this kinda makes me not hate you completely."

***

Klaus and Caroline were hanging out in a small park near the Grill to make it seem they were a thing but Caroline couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Hayley went to talk with her and apologize.

"What's wrong, Love? You seem more distant than usual." Klaus noticed.

"It's just... Today Hayley went to talk with me."

"Did she hurt you? Do you want me...?"

"No. She didn't hurt me. She went to my house to apologize to me."

"She did?" Klaus asked surprised.

"Yeah! Which only makes everything worse because now I can't hate her. I can't tell myself that she was the were-slut who manipulated Tyler. Before I could let myself believe that she was just a manipulative bitch that used the fact Tyler and I were separated to get in bed with him but now... Now I need to admit myself that they like each other and that I was just some stupid girl for even thinking Tyler was manipulated instead of seeing he had fallen for her." Caroline said upset with herself. "Of course he falls in love with her. She's beautiful... and unlike me, she isn't dramatic or neurotic... Why would he stay with me when he had her by his side? I'm so stupid!"

This was one of the rare times Caroline was opening herself to Klaus and even if he liked that Caroline would trust him enough to talk about how she felt, it broke his heart to see her having a moment of low self-esteem.

"Love, you are not stupid. Tyler is a wanker. And I am only saying that because you're present, I think what he is, it's much worse than just a wanker, but you should not hear those kinds of words that I believe describe what Tyler truly is. I don't see what he could possibly see in her that would make him pick her instead of you."

"You're just saying that, Klaus."

"Why it's so hard for you to believe me? You are beautiful, there are no doubts about that... but you are also so much more than that. You have a heart bigger than the sun, you're fierce, you're strong, smart and full of light." Klaus said, meaning every single word.

Klaus truly did not understand why it was so difficult for Caroline to see herself the way he sees her, which is the perfect woman any man would die to be with.

"I should probably go home. I'm not being that great of a company."

"May I take you home?"

"Sure." Caroline shrugged and they both walked over to her place while making some small talk.

"I believe we finally arrive at your destination." Klaus said, a bit upset that it didn't take long for them to get to her place.

"Thank you for listening to me, Klaus." Caroline said, appreciating his patience with her rambling about her own issues.

Caroline truly appreciated having Klaus really listening to her because no guy ever did that. She was used to guys faking to listen to her just to get in her pants but Klaus truly cared about what she had to say.

"Always." Klaus smirked, making her smile.

"Do you think it's bad if we keep faking this relationship?" Caroline asked Klaus. "Before I was doing it to hurt him but now I just want to show him that I also moved on."

"You can count on me." Klaus whispered with a smirk.

AN: Hey guys! I hope you're liking the story so far

AN: Hey guys! I hope you're liking the story so far. I decided to not make Hayley the girl who just wants to destroy Caroline's happiness bc usually that often happens in stories where Tyler cheats on Caroline with Hayley and this way would be a bit different than usual (but I don't think I'll have Hayley participating much in this story but appearing a few times). Oh and for the ones wondering, this story won't be focus just on Klaroline and Elejah.
And, in case you're wondering, the reason I haven't asked you for many suggestions it's because I'm writing in advanced but I appreciate your comments and your opinions about the story. I also am not updating more times a day bc I'm editing the chapters before uploading (which I usually wouldn't do) and I'm also making a few gifs to go with the story so it will have a bit more of animation.
You guys are amazing, don't ever forget that!