Chapter Three: Eyes of Black

It always hurts to lose a secret

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're from the future."

The words made everything so so real, and I cover my face with a groan.

"You sent me here! You told me to fix the wrong that had happened! You wanted me to kill someone!" I demand, tears whelming in my eyes.

"You called me Valentine Dumbledore before you shoved me off and sent me back in time! I didn't even KNOW that this is where you were sending me!" I snap, taking all my anger on the clueless Dumbledore in front of me.

"A war, you say?" He asks me, and I sneer.

"The man who is responsible for all this is supposedly at this school!!" I snap. "He killed my parents! And my best friends' parents scarring them for life. I'm just a kid! Why did you put all this responsibility on my shoulders!!" I demand, and the professor looks thoughtful.

"Why, indeed?" He asks, and I roll my eyes, plopping down onto the hospital bed once again.

"You probably have something special about you. Something that sets you apart from all the students I taught....um will teach." He corrects himself with a confused purse of his lips.

"Yes," I say in a defeated tone.

"Yes, what?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm different," I say like I'd just eaten something sour, with a huff. "I am Helga Hufflepuff's great, great, great,... something granddaughter," I mutter, not telling him the other part. I didn't even tell the future Dumbledore until he'd found out by catching me.

"Pardon?" He asks, and I sigh, preparing myself to repeat what I'd just said. "I'm-"

"No, I heard you, Ms.-" He stops and looks at me, "Ms.Smith?" He asks, and I stick my tongue out at the vile name.

"NO!" I demand eyes narrowed. "Evans," I state in a calm tone. "Those Smiths give Helga's descendants an awful reputation," I whine, becoming extremely defensive over my heritage.