Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Cold Matron to Live With

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk up the steps to the orphanage and knock on the door. It's a minute or two later when the door is hurled open, and a little girl with big brown eyes is staring up at me. My mouth goes dry. Holy shite, she looked so much like Raine; it was uncanny.

I had to blink a couple times to regain focus of my surroundings.

"Hello." I smile at the young brunette. "I'm wondering if I can speak to the person in charge here?" Aberforth's voice replaces my own, and I'm left staring at the girl who just eyes me weirdly.

"MRS. COLE!!!!" She freaking screams. My god. I had no idea someone so small could scream so loud. "Just come in. "The girl says tiredly. "I'll go get her." She drawls, and I eye her slightly.

"MRS. COLE THERE'S A VISITOR!!" She is hollering as she stomps up the steps. I flinch at every loud boom her stomping feet make.

"Damn, I should've possessed her." Abaddon nods, and I scoff.

"I'm amazing. You would be lost without me, Demon Prince." I mock him, making Abaddon chuckle.

"True." He smiles.

A woman strides in wearing a smile a couple minutes later. She glances up at me, eyes sliding up and down my frame before she walks up and sticks out a hand. "Hello. I'm Mrs. Cole." She greets me, and I smile at her, Aberforth's features contorting into his classy grins.

"Hello. My name is Aberforth Dumbledore." I shake her hand, and she smiles kindly.

"Let's head into my office. Shall we?" She states, and I nod, following after her. She gestures for me to sit in the chair opposite to hers, and I find a sense of relief at being not as tall anymore. The height was making me dizzy.

"Tea?" She asks, her green eyes alight in curiosity.

"No, thank you," I answer and she proceeds to pour herself a cup. She leans back into her chair, placing her cup to her lips.

"Why have you decided to come here?" She asks, and I smile.

"I'm here to adopt a child, Mrs. Cole," I respond, and her eyes light up in glee. She claps her claps together.

"Marvelous! We have many kids here who are looking for a nice home!" She says her features expressing true happiness.

Mrs. Cole was skinny and harassed-looking, with a sharp-featured face, but she was grinning right now.

"I actually already know what child I'm to adopt," I say, stopping her rummaging.

"Oh?" She asks, looking curious. "Who might this child be?" She asks.

"Tom Riddle," I say, and she freezes.

"Tom?" She demands, looking at me like I was crazy. "Tom Riddle? Our Tom?" She asks, and I stare at her weirdly. Honestly, I didn't blame the woman. Tom probably scared everyone off.