Chapter Fifteen: Knocking on Knockturn Alley

Tonight I can write the saddest linesI loved him, and sometimes he loved me too

I loved him, and sometimes he loved me too.
― Pablo Neruda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I meet a very cross Tom in the courtyard. He was dressed in a very warm black coat and matching boots. I walk to meet his turned back, dressed in my own blue coat. It was immensely warm, and I thanked Albus a million times over for getting it for me.

I move to stand beside the weird boy and look back from him to what he was looking at. I realize that he was watching the sunset. My eyes flicker upwards to examine the sunset at the horizon, spreading its light into a grateful sky. Rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons.

"It's beautiful," I admit, making Tom turn around to give me a deadpanned look.

"You are late." He says in a toneless voice. I raise a brow and point to my coat.

"I was getting my coat." I grin in delight. He curls his lip, staring at me from head to toe. I swallow hard and can actually feel the coolness of his gaze. It makes me shiver slightly.

"Matches your eyes." He points out like it was a common fact. His words have my face heating up. "Well, hurry along then," Tom demands, impatient.

"Girls are so emotional." He jeers as I catch up, walking to his side.

"And boys aren't?" I ask. Tom looked like he wanted to shove me off a cliff.

"You were the one who turned a bright red just because I pointed out the colour of your eyes." He told me off.

I push him in a fit of embarrassment. "You arse!" I demand, making him peer at me in unemotional detachment.

"You should really try to get a better hand on your emotions. Your an actual train wreck, aren't you?" He insults me.

"It's better than being some unemotional tree stub." I snarl, making him snort.

"Sure, Dumbledore. Sure." He says extremely sarcastic. "Hurry along." He orders, and I grind my teeth in aggravation. I was too emotional. He was right. I often acted before I thought through the situation. Albus exploited that specific characteristic that had caused me to be sent back in time.