Chapter Forty-One: Mentally Broken

"I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more

"I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more."

― C. S. Lewis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stumble into Dippet's office. I was still stunned.

"What was THAT!!" Abaddon shrieks and I flinch, waking up from my silent stupor.

"I-I don't know." I breathe, and sit down, trying to calm down. "He talked to me?!" I gasp and cover my head with my hands. "Abaddon?" I ask, and I hear him sigh in my head.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know, Val." He cringes.

"I'm bleeding. He hurt me!? I wasn't even there!" I shriek, my breathing becoming heavier and quicker.

"I'm sorry, Valentine," Abaddon whispers. "I know that wasn't what you wanted to see. You were dead young one."

"Valentine?" I hear someone ask, and I look up, still trying to breathe properly. My vision was distorted.

Someone rushes up and grabs me in a hug. "Val? My goodness! What happened, dear!?" Pan demands and I hug her back.

She reminded me of Luna. She reminded me of home.

"You're bleeding!" She gasps.

"Valentine! Tell me what happened?! Did someone hurt you?!" She demands and I nod, resting my head in her lap as she sat beside me.

"Who hurt you? I'll kill him!" She scowls, and I laugh, tears blurring in my vision. I burst out laughing so loud, my laughs begin to be contorted into sobs. I was laughing and crying at the same time.

I was having a mental break down, and I'm pretty sure Pan knew that. She holds me closer to her, hugging me tightly.

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm here now. No one is here. Just me. Pandora. You're friend, Pan." She whispers and starts playing with my hair, letting it out of its tight ponytail. "Shhhh." She starts humming a song.