Chapter Ten: A Founder Enraged

"Now something so sad has hold of us that the breath leaves and we can't even cry

"Now something so sad has hold of us that the breath leaves and we can't even cry."

― Charles Bukowski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I missed this place!" I beam, and my grandmama smiles at me.

"I missed having you here." She grins and gestures me in for one of her hugs.

I loved her hugs. They made me feel safe and warm and at home. She was the only true family I had contact with so I adored whenever I could come for a visit.

"Come, my child. Tell me what happened. Why are you in this timeline?" She asks, worried, and I sit down on one of her plush couches.

"Albus told me I could undo all the deaths and prevent the two wars that happen in the future. He asked me to go to the place where Tom Riddle was weakest and kill him." I admit. My grandmama's eyes narrow in anger.

"That old boggart!" She demands, and I gape.

"Grandma!" I chuckle at her in shock.

"You are but a mere child! If he wanted to reverse what had happened, why didn't the old crone go back himself!" She scowls, giving me a protective look.

"I didn't expect him to send me back in time, though. That was a surprise. I almost fainted then Professor told me I'd travelled 59 years back in time." I admit, and she asks.

"Of course, you almost did. Time travel takes a toll on one's mental health, my darling." She pours me a cup of tea, handing it to me.

I glance at the goblet in my hand, and I cringe. "I also left the goblet back in the 1990s," I admit, but Helga merely smiles.

"That goblet is an ancient relic filled with immense magic, Val. It wouldn't have accompanied you either way." She tells me. My mouth pops open.

"Oh," I say, silently causing her to give a chuckle.

"My dear child.... you know you must find it before Tom does." She tells me, and I nod.

"I know. I just need to retrace the entirety of Wizarding history, I guess." I grumble.