Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Mind is a Dark Place

When you're happy you enjoy the music, but when you're sad you understand the lyrics

-Frank Ocean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"VAL!!!"

I fall hard. Abby falls with me, having had jumped at me like a monkey. She was laughing so hard, I was concerned about the witch. "I MISSED you!!!" She shrieks, and I grin at her.

"I missed you too!!!" I beam.

"Abagail. Honestly, you're acting like a hillbilly." Pan scoffs, waling over to help me up. "Hello, Val." She sends me a smile filled with warmth and affection. She engulfs me in a gentler hug than Abby had.

"Nice to see you, Pan." I beam at her, hugging her back. Pan and I find ourselves being lifted into a massive hug by none other than Claude and Chris. "Can't....breathe." I choke out, feeling my stomach being smushed.

"Unhand us!!" Pan demands, sounding just like I did. They set us down, and I rub my stomach, wincing slightly. Abby had run over to grab Greta, who walks over to give my hand a loving squeeze.

"How are you, Val?" She asks instantly, and her concern for me has my eyes softening at the kind witch in front of me.

"Marvelous! How are you?" I ask, gripping her hand tighter. Her face lights up, silver eyes glinting in the sunlight.

"Very well, thank you. The train ride was enjoyable. Abby bought me a chocolate frog." She looked so excited at the concept of a chocolate frog that we all melt a little staring at the girl.

"That's wonderful!" I exclaim.

We all walk back towards the castle, laughing and hearing about the holiday shenanigans.

"We BLEW up its head!!!" Chris demands, slapping Claude hard on his shoulder.

"Yes, blowing up the head of your younger brother's bear was very entertaining." Claude rolls his eyes, and Chris shrugs.