Chapter Eighty-Four: Surprise Company

"Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure

"Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure."

― Paulo Coelho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga takes the note from me with furrowed brows and she blinks twice. 

"Sweetie...?" She stares at me in concern and I nod, sighing. I point to Tom and me. 

"We've been getting death threats since the start of the year." 

"So the troll attack?" She gapes and I nod. 

"Was to kill us." Tom muses. 

"You two sure know how to keep life interesting don't you?" She snorts and this time its Tom and I who are sending her the unamused looks. 

"I've seen this handwriting before." She breathes and her forehead wrinkles deep in thought. 

"Who is it?" I ask, frantic and she shakes her head. 

"I can't remember." She groans and I sigh, running a hand through my hair. 

"Are you sure? Try again." Tom demands, eyes as eager as I was to find the person who wanted us dead. 

She glares at us. "I can't just turn my memories on. I have seen this handwriting before but I can't remember... I'm sorry." She winces and stares at our solemn expressions. "They're going to try again." She states softly, gazing at us silently and Tom nods, deep in thought. 

"I wonder what coming after an army of Mountain trolls."  He scorns, sneering his words. 

"The wizarding world can be a formidable place." She says silently and then points to my compass. "Why don't you take a look?" She asks and I glare at her. 

All my secrets were being exposed this year it seemed. 

I take out my compass and prop it open, only to stare at the image in horror. "Oh my gosh." I breathe in horror. It's snatched out of my shaking hands and Tom stares at the picture in my compass, curious.