Chapter Fifty-Three: Between Wisps of Flames There are Vows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you identify what the fire looked like Ms.Dumbledore?"

I give the man a deadpanned look. "Like fire."

He sighs and rubs the place in between his temples. "Was it magical?" The man, solely called Hale Winster, was representing the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

"Yes, Mr. Winster. The Fiendfyre was freaking magical." I snap.

"These are just standardized questions, Ms. Dumbledore, seeing as you blew up one of the pyramids of Egypt. A landmark. One of the seven wonders of the world." He glares at me, and I groan.

"How was I supposed to know that the crazy zombie man protecting the tomb had so many traps and enchantments protecting himself....including the activation of a Fiendfyre curse!" I demand.

Avery, Nagini, Abby and I had all gotten our stories straight. Dumbledore had tasked me with the destruction of the book, and I'd thought to take Abby with me. Avery decided to accompany us of his own free idiocy. The second we got there, we were attacked with spears, bows and arrows, an undead army, poison fog, and Fiendfyre. Fiendfyre, which was a curse put upon us by the tomb and the batshit crazy author of that horrid book, not by Avery himself.

"You were sent there by Dumbledore, correct? He testifies to this, but why was everyone else around?" He questions.

Dumbledore agreed that he was the one to task me with destroying the book? Technically he was. He gave me the mission to save the wizarding world, so this small mission was, of course, done with his consent.

"I wanted back up."

"You controlled those flames easily. I don't think you really needed backup." He demands, making me sigh and lean back in my chair.

"If you don't remember very well, let me remind you because I do... I was burned! I was suffering from third-degree burns that almost killed me!!! Have you ever felt scorching heat disintegrating every skin particle and muscle cell on your body?" I look him dead in the eye, and he cringes, remembering my state. "Cause I have. I did not control those flames. If I had, I wouldn't have gotten so injured."

"How did you break the curse on a registered Maledictus, Ms. Nagini?" He questions again, and I groan.

"Look, I'm thirteen! I have no clue how I did that!? Honest!! I was convulsing on the ground and being taken away because of my blood loss and burns when all this was going down. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the destruction of the tomb...the place where she was trapped to serve all this time probably triggered it?" I ask. He watches me all the while jotting down everything I'd said.

"Did you get anything?" Someone asks and in walks two Aurors. One of them was the very same Auror that had saved Tom and me from facing off with Grindelwald while we'd been saving Ariana.