Chapter Seventy: Midnight Tea Arguments

Tears are far more beautiful than anything that you have with you, because tears come from the overflow of your being

-Osho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was three weeks in, and Hogwarts was set to start up again in a couple days. Theseus Scamander had visited a couple times. I knew he'd visit again.

He was examining Tom and me. Especially during our training sessions. Which is why we decided to only do the bare minimum to get by. We never overdid our capabilities anymore. We blended in, trying to get past ministry watch.

It was exhausting. I just wanted to go home. Currently, everyone was asleep, sung and sound in their bed, but not me. Nooooo. My mind just decided to conjure everything and anything that might go wrong and shoot them at me in an array of bullets.

I groan, flipping away my covers and slipping on Abby's slippers to borrow. I sneak outside and creep down the stairs only to almost scream when Nott appears suddenly in my line of sight.

"Nott!!" I hiss at him, annoyed grabbing my heart in fright. "You scared the hell out of me!" I snap at him in a whisper.

He eyes me slightly.

"Apologizes, Dumbledore." He states coldly, and I narrow my eyes on him.

"What are you even doing awake?" I ask him.

"Could ask you the same question." He muses, making me purse my lips at him in annoyance.

"You're worse than Tom, I swear."

"Maybe that's why we're friends."

"Tom considers you, his friend?" I scoff, hopping off the last step and entering the kitchen. Nott follows after me.

"What are you doing?"

"Making some tea." I smile at him, turning on the kettle, and leaning on the stove. "You okay?" I ask him, and he shrugs, not answering me. I eye him carefully. "How long have you gone without sleep, Theodore? You look exhausted."