Chapter Eleven: Slughorn at it Again

"It always is harder to be left behind than to be the one to go

"It always is harder to be left behind than to be the one to go..."
― Bodie Thoene

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next morning, and I had Transfiguration with Albus. I had finished the homework that Albus had scribbled down on a paper shoved in the confines of the textbook he'd given me. This time block was just exclusively for the Hufflepuffs and Abby introduces me to some other kids in our year. She'd apparently gotten over the embarrassment of last night.

Abby and I had woken up early. We'd hung out with Chris and Claude, who had been seated at the Gryffindor table. They'd waved us over, and we sat with them there this time. Pan and Greta had joined once they'd woken up.

Albus enters class eyes flitting to me before giving me a smile. He sends me a wink and then goes around collecting the homework. I hand him mine and Abby's, and he grins at us before walking away. "I can't believe he's your cousin!" Abby hisses. I look at her, amused.

"Yup. Our parents were siblings." I muse in a sarcastic voice.

Albus then proceeded to teach us the proper way to transfigure a teapot into a tortoise. I already knew this spell and had practiced it with Hermione beforehand, so I wasn't worried too much.

I read the burgundy book in my hands and take out my wand from my hair, glancing at the beautiful blue teapot in front of me. Humming slightly, I wave my wand firmly around in a circle pulling it down as I murmured the spell under my breath.

It takes a second, but the teacup spins and spins until it turns into a tortoise. I clap my hands in glee, making a delighted squeak. "Hello!!" I coo at the little turtle and take the little cutie into my palms. "You are adorable!" I squeal, petting the small animal's head.

"Magnificent Ms. Dumbledore," Albus tells me with a nod, making me grin at my professor, realizing that the whole class had been staring.

"Thank you, professor," I say, giving my cousin a nod.

"How did you do that!?" Abby demands in astonishment, looking crestfallen, and I smile at her.

"Here! I'll help you." I say. I don't think she'd ever looked more relieved.