Chapter Nine: Voldemort Has Moves

"I'm fine

"I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely."
― Ned Vizzini

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"IRRESPONSIBLE! PUTTING ALL THE STUDENTS HERE AT RISK!! HOW DARE YOU!!" Slughorn rages at all of us. All six of us were in the Headmaster's office.

"Professor, we did not commit any error! Abby is the lass that shot the spell!!" Pan demands, blue eyes blazing in anger at the accusation.

"How did you do that?" Claude asks me, eyes trained on the disastrous scene in front of us.

"Do what?" I say innocently.

"You used non-verbal and wandless magic." He replies in a whisper.

"Spur of the moment thing," I reply, eyes hardening as I watched Pan, Abby and Slughorn scream at each other. "Accidental magic most definitely,"

"I'm only thirteen. It's a rare thing for fully-grown wizards to accomplish nonetheless a thirteen-year-old." I say calmly, telling him the rehearsed phrase I always used whenever someone caught me using magic too powerful for someone like me.

Adele could also use wandless magic. She had known how to do it since she was young ever since Albus had travelled to tell his granddaughter precisely what she was.

"Ms. Dumbledore, Mr.Zabini, Mr. Killick and Ms. Ollivander. You four have been quiet. Would any of you mind informing me of exactly what happened during this ordeal." Headmaster Dippet questions.

The three students around me were silent, so I sigh, stepping up. "Headmaster Dippet. We were all having dinner when I believe an argument occurred regarding Ms. Diggory's previous grades. Ms.Lovegood was asking her if she required any assistance regarding the homework, considering her past failed grade in potions." I point to Slughorn, making him flush, at the jab towards his teaching skills. Abby looked ready to throttle everyone in front of her.

"I believe Ms.Diggory got too emotional regarding the sensitive topic, and her wand fired a spell because of that emotional input she had provided it. Accidental magic is highly common in overemotional children. Ourselves, we didn't think the mere argument would cause such a ruckus, and I humbly apologize for not interfering in the argument beforehand. I had never thought the situation would escalate to such an extent." I proclaim.