Chapter Seventy-One: At Least There's An Owl

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it."

― Nicholas Sparks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all currently at Diagon Alley buying supplies for our fourth year at Hogwarts. Aberforth had decided to come with us and help the Zabinis with watching over fourteen kids in such a crowded place.

The three adults split us up into two groups of five with one group of four. Tom and I naturally accompanied Aberforth, seeing as he was our guardian in the first place.

The second he'd seen us, he'd raced over and engulfed us both in the biggest and warmest hug of the century. I hadn't realized how much I saw him as a father figure until now. Seeing the impassive yet gentle look on Tom's face when he hugged Aberforth back, I was positive he agreed.

Although it was still a tad bit awkward between Tom and me, I acted as if nothing had happened that night in the kitchen. If it never happened, it couldn't hurt me. Tom, seeing what I was doing, never brought it up once.

I was ecstatic Tom finally had a proper parental figure to look up to. I knew from experience it was hard being an adult at such a young age.

Along with us, Lestrange and Rosier accompanied us to Flourish and Blotts first.

Upon entering Flourish and Blotts, I'm greeted instantly with the familiar layout. The store was always filled to the brim with books. Shelves upon shelves lined the walls, from ceiling to floor. It was a wonder anyone ever found anything in here.

I eye my Hogwarts letter. The one we had all gotten a couple weeks back. Fourth-year students, in preparation for our O.W.Ls had to take harder courses. I stroll around, looking at all the books in awe and fascination.

I pick up some of the books I needed as I walked through the store. Aberforth had left to buy something, stating he'd be back in a bit. "Magical Drafts and Potions. Magical Drafts and Potions." I muttered, trying to find the latest potions book I had to get. I'd gotten a couple books for my classes, including; The Rune Dictionary, Intermediate Transfiguration, Ancient Runes Made Easy, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi and The Standard Book of Spells Grade Four. I still needed books for Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts.