Chapter Fourteen: Hot Chocolate Fixes Everything

Tears come the heart, not the brain- Leonardo da Vinci

- Leonardo da Vinci

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of weeks passed, and I'd fallen into a sort of routine. Chris, Claude, Abby, Pan and Greta were my closest friends, and we usually hung out together.

I had even grown much closer to Aberforth and Albus. They treated me like family now. I'd visited grandmama Helga twice more in this time, just trying to figure out where precisely the Smiths lived.

I was trying to get used to living in this time. It was working, and I was getting accustomed to seeing Abby grinning at me from her place in the bed beside mine, and trying to get Pan and Abby from murdering each other every two days. Claude's annoying sense of humour was growing on me. Chris's abnormal need to care for everyone in our little group was amusing, as I was usually the mom of the group. Little Greta was the shy one we all adored. She was like our younger sister, always piping up with stuff to do, and always trying to keep peace between us.

I only saw Tom in the classes we'd shared, which was quite a lot. He only ever annoyed me in Potions, but sometimes I'd feel his steady gaze on me like I was at laser point.

At this point, I should've just started planning to sneak into every Smith house to see if they had my damn goblet. Technically I wasn't stealing it. I was simply returning it to my grandma Helga, and she would give it back to me.

I found out where some of the Smiths lived by asking around and doing my own research.

Christmas break was upon us, and I found myself saying goodbye to all my friends as they headed home for Christmas. I got five offers to come and stay with them, but I refused goodheartedly. I loved all five of them, but I still had a task to complete.

It was the next day, and I found myself sitting in one of the window stills outside the Great Hall. I was scribbling down coordinates and trying to figure out how exactly I was going to get the cup back from Hepzibah Smith. I had utterly no clue where the woman lived. I needed to get her address somehow.