Distracted

Lyra's POV

"Evacuate the town! Firebenders!" I yelled, as I sprinted through the town center.

The mayor ran to the warriors hut, as I drew my attention to the remaining people.

"Families, stay together. Pregnant women, elderly, and children evacuate to the mayor's house. Stay close, stay hidden, and stay quiet." I ordered as my voice became serious.

Murmurs flowed through the crowd but they listened nonetheless.

"Kyoshi Warriors, stay with the crowd until the group arrives safely. Younger men and women the age of 17 to 30 may stay behind as lookouts, should they choose to fight. Remember that you are not obligated to fight." I reminded and pointed to the mayor's house.

"What do we do when they're safe?" A warrior asked. Her tone shy, and hesitant.

I turned to her,

"Fight, protect the village. The Avatar shall escape to safety, and I will stay with them. The firebender is the banished prince of the firenation. He is searching for the Avatar and will likely follow us." I explained.

"I'll distract him." I said, I just hoped my training would pay off.

The Warrior nodded accepting the explanation.

I woke Appa whom had stirred from his nap. I grabbed what I could and carried it messily onto Appa. Luckily I had most of the stuff tied to the saddle anyways.

I put Asura on the saddle, and ordered her to stay with Appa.

Suki had just arrived as the rinos shook the ground.

I stood hidden behind the second house which lay dormant.

"Come out Avatar, you can't hide from me forever!" The boy yelled. His soldiers shifted on their seats anxiously.

"Find him." The boy ordered as the soldiers rode forward.

I took out two soldiers in a suprise attack. With the help of the Kyoshi warriors we had dismantled the group. Only the prince was left.

"I go right, you go left?" I asked Suki who nodded with a grunt.

We charged forward as she dodged his flames.

Suki was hit by the tail of the beast, and Sokka deflected a fireball aimed for Suki. Just as he was about to send another, I tackled him off the saddle.

We surround the fire prince who knocked us off our feet. It had sent me flying back so much I shattered a vase.

The shards were sharp, and cut my skin.

I almost passed out after hitting my head but after I heard Sokka I pushed past it with all I had.

I stepped out of the house leaning against the wall.

I chuckled humorously.

"Not a bad shot." I praised as the prince turned to me.

"How come you aren't knocked out?" He glared.

"Sorry to disappoint." I smirked and sent a wave of water at him.

I lifted my foot as stairs of water formed beneath me without me even thinking.

I was more focused on taking down our hunter.

He sent a wave of fire which evaporated my water.

"So uh, you up for a conversation, Prince Moody?" I asked casually.

He growled and sent a wave of fire, I barely managed to dodge. Though it had singed the ribbon holding my hair which exposed the strands of white I had behind my black hair. I acted as if nothing happened.

"You know, it's not nice to send fire at women." I winked.

"We are fighting!" The prince growled.

I yawned,

"Sorry, I didn't notice." I said as I knocked him off his feet.

In the process he tripped me and I fell on top of him, luckily we were hidden in a house while Aang tried to find us. Thank the Spirits we were blocked.

I could only imagine the GAang's expressions.

Sparks ignited at his touch and I had to push back the butterflies that suddenly moved through my stomach.

"Sorry, I- uh, this is awkward- Zuko, right?"

I almost facepalmed at the awkwardness as I stuttered.

I was blushing bright red, I could feel the heat on my cheeks.

Zuko rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment and nodded as he stood up.

He offered me an awkward hand.

His hands were unnaturally warm, as if the skin guarded a roaring campfire beneath.

I pulled my hand back when sparks literally ignited, and I heard the pop of electricity from static.

We were interrupted by Aang as time returned to normal, luckily we had stood up a good ways away.

I felt bad with how I'd teased him, and I don't think I wanted to hurt him.

I realized how delusional I was acting. He's our enemy of course I might have to hurt him, but there was resistance in my chest. I was relieved when Aang spoke up and Zuko's head snapped up from the floor with his boiling blush.

"Hey, over here!" Aang yelled.

His voice caught Zuko's attention, who glanced at me briefly with a flickering stare.

My forehead prickled with open cuts, and a headache the size of a sea monster hit making me lean against the wall.

"Finally" the fire prince growled, his anger reignited.

He sent several fireballs at Aang who dodged, and blocked as if nothing happened.

Zuko knocked away his staff leaving a pair of dropped fans to be his weapon.

Aang sent a huge wave of air knocking Zuko out as he hit the wall outside the building I was in.

Aang grabbed his glider and ran towards me as I stood up dazed, and confused at what had just happened.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Aang asked worriedly.

I nodded,

"Yeah, I'm fine" I nodded in response.

"Lyra? Come on. Hold on tight." He said as I clenched on to the glider.

I was to dazed to realize what he'd been thinking until we maneuvered to the ground.

I latched tightly onto Aang as we landed, fearing the hard ground.

"I think she's got a head wound or something. She's been dazed for awhile now." Aang warned Katara. I wasn't listening as I pressed a hand to my speeding heart. The endorphins from the interaction just kept coming.

Even as Aang leapt off I didn't respond. It was Asura who broke me from the daze.

Suddenly I realized, Aang probably saw us...

Well, shit.

How was I gonna explain this?

------

Sooo I hope you guys enjoyed. I just had to do it. Anyway stay safe and healthy until next time my Bookworms. I'll see y'all later. Have a good day.
-Rose