Lovers Quarrel

Avatar amv- I'm Dangerous- Not my Song or Video. All rights go to proper owners. Enjoy!

-----------------

Lyra's POV

"This way" the Sage guided.

The voice of my fears came across my ears,

"Find him" he ordered someone.

"Time is running out quickly!' he warned as I nodded in agreement.

"We need to go!" I whisper shouted and everyone entered the passage quickly.

"Avatar Roku once called this temple his home. He formed these secret passages out of the magma." The Sage explained.

"So that's why it's so hot" I realized as the Sage nodded.

"Yes, some of it is still active" he confirmed.

"Did you know Avatar Roku?" Aang asked as I elbowed him.

"Aang, he's not that old!" I chided.

"Sorry" Aang apologized.

"No, it's quite alright. My grandfather knew him. Many generations of Fire Sages guarded this temple long before me. We all have a strong spiritual connection to this place." Shyu explained.

"Is that how you knew I was coming?" Aang asked.

"A few weeks ago, an amazing thing occured. The statue of Avatar Roku- it's eyes began to glow, and the ocean- it'd been acting odd. The waves were huge, and almost as tall as the volcano. It was a sight to see- though terrifying at the same time."

"Wait, that was when we were at the air temple and where you passed out, Lyra. Avatar Roku's eyes were glowing there too." Katara connected.

"At that moment we knew you had returned to the world" He explained.

"If this is the Avatar's temple why did the Sages attack me?" Aang asked in confusion.

"They switched sides.." I realized out loud.

"But why?" Aang asked.

"Things have changed. In the past the Sages were loyal only to the Avatar. When Roku died, the Sages eagerly waited for the Avatar to return. But he never came.."

"They were waiting for me." Aang frowned.

"Hey, don't feel bad. You're only a hundred years late." Sokka said trying to calm Aang down.

Aang seemed even more bummed out.

"Hey, Bud. You know what?" I asked as I crouched in front of him,

"What?" He asked.

"If you stayed with the Airbenders, you'd probably be dead." I assured him.

"But at least I'd reincarnate." Aang said hanging his head.

"But I'd never have met you, WE would never have met you." I edged.

"Yeah, Aang. You're here now. Now stop moping around and lets get moving, we don't have much time." Katara agreed.

"Continue, Shyu."

Shyu nodded,

"They lost hope that the Avatar would ever return. When Firelord Sozin began the war, my grandfather and the other Sages were forced to follow him. I never wanted to serve the Firelord. When I learned you were coming, I knew I'd have to betray the other Sages." He finished.

"Thank you for helping us." Aang bowed.

As we continued to walk the dry air was hot within my lungs as I breathed. Katara and Sokka grew slick with sweat and I wiped mine away but decided to keep the small beads held together.

Hopefully the salt content would make it harder to evaporate.

"We'll follow these stairs to the sanctuary. Once you two are inside, wait for the light to hit Avatar Roku's statue. Only then will you be able to speak with him." Shyu explained as he opened a door at the top of the stairs.

He walked past some pillars the exclaimed,

"No!"

"Shyu, what's wrong?" Aang asked.

"The sanctuary doors, they're closed!" He gasped.

"But you can open them right?" I questioned nervously.

"No. Only a fully realized Avatar is powerful enough open up this door alone. Otherwise the Sages must open the doors together. With five simultaneous fire blasts" Shyu said sadly.

"But there's gotta be some way-"

"I got it!" Sokka cheered,

"What is it?" Aang asked eagerly.

"Yeah, Sokka!" Katara followed.

"Five fire blasts, huh? I think I can help you out."

---------

With the plan in action, I crossed my fingers.

Shyu sent a small flame on the strings of out fake fire bending bombs.

I braced myself for the explosion, and the door lock to open.

Instead I heard just the explosion.

When the smoke cleared the doors weren't open.

I ran face first into smooth smoky metal.

But you can't blame me, I can't see.

"Sokka, we have an issue." I groaned rubbing a growing lump on my forehead.

"It didn't work." He sulked.

"I don't get it. That blast looked as strong as anything I've ever seen."

"Sokka, you're a genius!" Katara praised.

"Wait what? It failed." I said.

"Let her dream, Lyra." Sokka smiled.

"It looks like it worked!" She pushed and I realized what she meant.

"Okay, here's the plan..."

-----------------

"Come quickly the Avatar has entered the sanctuary!" Shyu urged.

"How did he get in?" Another Sage asked.

"I don't know, but look at the scorch marks, and down there!" He pointed to a shadow.

"He's inside! Open the doors immediately!" The head Sage lead the charge as the door opened and Momo leapt with Katara, and Sokka right behind.

I leapt out from my spot barely missing a fireball.

It was Zuko!

"Let Aang go!" I huffed "or I'll blast you!" I warned him.

"With what? Besides you'd never hurt me-" he stopped as I sent a kick to his gut and sent him flying as he released Aang.

"You know damn well what I'll choose, Zuko. Now I suggest you leave before I decide what I'll do to you the next time you try to capture Aang again. That's a promise" I hissed.

He backed up into the wall and I barely made it past the closing doors and watched as Sokka and Katara were overpowered and outnumbered.

Well this sucks.

-----------

Soooo new chapter I hope you guys enjoyed it! Have a lovely day! Stay safe and healthy and until next time my Bookworms! See y'all later!
-Rose