Flood

Safe and Sound- By Taylor Swift, as usual I don't own the song or video. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

--------

Lyra's POV

The air grew stiff as the dam began to shudder. I was swept up in panic and my logical thoughts went with the flood.

The clouds began to stir and rumble with thunder caused by the friction of the water in the air. They stirred ominously and I felt La's power pull away as my vision was filled with dark spots.

I grabbed Yuka's hand and ran towards Sokka,

"We don't have enough time!" Sokka panicked.

I nodded holding the panic from my expression,

"Get them out of here!" I yelled over the storm, and let Yuka go.

Sokka nodded his thoughts beginning to process.

I couldn't let this town get destroyed.

The water trembled like a animal against a door.

I took a breath as I saw everyone leaving.

Asura had refused to go without me. It was sweet and touching.

The blindfold came off and I opened my glowing eyes which reflected off the water. I took a breath and connected my fingers with my palms facing the ground. I brought my hands up and down as the water drew waves with each breath.

I heard the explosion ring through the radius of the dam. It made my ears ring. I made sure I was in front of Asura to block her from the water. My movements were slow while the water flooded towards me in a rapid tsunami.

La's strength became my own and my mind referenced a move in earth bending.

I brought my palm forwards in a quick block.

Frost dispensed from my mouth and nose. I blew it at the blocked water like the way a komodo dragon did causing the water to freeze solid inches from my feet.

I stepped forward as sweat dripped over me. My muscles grew heavy as I used La's strength to force the wave to retract. I heaved breathes as my lungs burned as if dipped in lava. My head throbbed, and blood dripped down my nose as I began to extract my own chi to disappate the water into the forest. I swayed on my feet before dropping like a stone. Asura caught me on her wing and she laid me down.

My arms felt as if they'd been torn off, blended, then reconstructed, and attached.

I laughed tiredly,

"Didn't know I could do that" I wheezed. My arms limply at my sides until my stomach tore into itself.

I pushed myself to my side with a tremor as bile climbed my throat. I released it leaving a metallic taste as I rolled onto my back again.

I sighed in relief, when I felt a warmth below my back and I was lifted from the cold grass. They were familiar and warm smelling of sweat, musk, leather, campfire, and maple.

It was a smell of home and I found the scent familiar besides the maple. In the north pole it was tainted with sea salt rather than maple.

I curled within the arms and a wave of body breaking pain hit me. I had used to much chi, now I was drawing directly from the chi made by the spirit world which was not meant for human bodies. I cried out and shivered.

Why was it so cold? This was so much worse than that time I jumped in the ocean to save the fish I'd reeled in with the help of Sokka.

Sokka? Was that the smell? Mhhmmm, I was back home..