Siege of the North Pt. 2

Lyra's POV

We followed Yue for a few minutes, an eventually arrived at what seemed to be a courtyard.

I could feel an intense pull as I walked, the power of the ocean intensified further as we grew closer. The sound of a heart beating grew louder in my ears as we moved to this place that Yue guided us.

Aang saw what appeared to be a door, as we stopped,

"So is this the way to the spirit world?" he asked in confusion.

I shook my head as Yue laughed,

"No, you'll have to get there on your own. But I can take you to the most spiritual place in the entire north pole" Yue stated as she pulled the door open.

I heard a gasp from Aang as I stepped in after him. I was bombarded with a wave of warmth and gasped in turn,

"It's so warm?" I questioned as I removed my fluffy gloves and my large overcoat.

Despite being so warm my thoughts froze over, goosebumps rose up my arms as I shuddered in disbelief,

No one had noticed, only Yue who was acting like nothing was happening, it felt like pool of rippling energy was moving within the pond.

"I never thought I'd miss grass so much" Aang stated as he breathed the scents of earth.

"It's so warm here, how's that possible?" Katara exclaimed as I stepped forward towards the pond.

"The koi fish.." I finally stammered, "are they really?" I questioned carefully and crouched down to dip my fingers in the cool water.

I pulled my fingers back instantly as I felt a zap of energy, feeling so close to what had protected me.

Yue nodded,

"they are" she confirmed with a nod.

Momo reached his arm harmlessly into the water to reach the fish but was immediately met with scowls from Katara and Yue in which he pulled his hand back quickly.

"You're right, Yue" Aang stated, calmer now, "I can feel something.. It's so.. tranquil" Aang stated slowly as he sat in a meditative pose.

I sat quietly behind him at his left, feeling the grass in my fingers.

"Why is he sitting like that?" Yue questioned curiously,

"He's meditating" Katara explained "trying to cross into the spirit world, it takes all his concentration" Katara explained in a loud whisper.

"Is there any way we can help?" Yue questioned, a bit louder this time.

"How about some quiet?! Come on guys! I can hear every word your saying" Aang yelled in frustration.

Aang shook his head with a sigh when the movement of the koi fish caught his eyes. Something happened within a split second and his heart slowed dramatically.

Yue gasped in fear,

"Is he okay?!" she asked quickly as I nodded,

"He's crossing into the spirit world-" Katara started as I stood up calmly,

"He's fine, he knows what he's doing, we'll be watching his body while he's gone, that's his way back" I explained calmly and dropped the piece of grass I was holding.

"Maybe we should get some help" Yue stated as she started to walk towards the entrance,

"No, we're his friends, Lyra and I are perfectly capable of protecting him" Katara stated as I nodded.