The Ratty Old Man

The Song is Devi Town- By Cavetown. As usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

Katara had walked off and it seemed both her, and Sokka had forgotten the fact that we barely had any money.

"Out of food, and out of money. What are we supposed to do?" Sokka raised his hands.

I slapped him in the back of the head,

"We can't rely on handouts. We need to get a temporary job." I scolded him.

"Heyy!" He whined, "I thought we were on the same side!" He winced rubbing his head.

"We shouldn't go out there. Please, the fish can wait. There's going to be a terrible storm!" An elder woman called out to the old fishermen.

"huh?" I asked in a hushed whisper and we all eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Aw, you're crazy it's a nice day. No clouds, no wind, no nothing, so quit your nagging Woman" the rude fisherman shoved her words of warning off.

"Maybe, we should find some shelter?" Aang suggested timidly.

"Good thinking, Aang. I'm sure if we go now we can find a nice cave, or something." I praised him warmly.

His small smile gleamed as he preened under my praise.

"Are you kidding? Shelter from what?" Sokka questioned sarcastically.

Aang shrunk back from Sokka's words of denial for Aang's idea, and his arms wrapped around my torso as he buried his head in my shoulder.

I rubbed his back is firm, soothing circular motions.

I whispered,

"Hey Bud, if it helps you cheer up I was planning on making your favorite vegetable curry tonight. Would you like that?" I asked.

Aang immediately perked up, and nodded excitedly.

"Good, now let them play out their game. Before you know it they'll be glued to each other's sides" I said lightly as I noticed Katara's heart rate jump in agitation.

"How do you know?" Aang asked curiously.

"It runs in the family. Someone will feel bitter about something, they'll argue, ignore the others existence, feel guilty, apologize, stay glued to each other for a short while, then someone will do something bad or something the other person is against, and repeat." I stated boredly.

"My joints say there's going to be a storm, a bad one!" The woman shrilled in protest.

'Well it's your joints against my brain" stated the ratty old man. He sounded like a narcissist.

"Then I hope your brain can find someone else to haul that fish cause I ain't coming!" The old woman scowled.

"Then I'll find a new fish hauler, and pay him double what you get! How ya like that" The fisherman yelled in retaliation.

"I'll go." Sokka jumped in, and my face fell into a sweatdropped, thin lipped, frown.

I sent him a narrow look, and he rolled his eyes.

"You're hired!" Pointed the man.

"What? You said get a job, and he's paying double!" Sokka smiled.

"Double?" Questioned the fisherman, "Who told you that nonsense?" The fisherman raised an eyebrow making me snort in laughter. But, I disguised it as a cough.