Siblings Pt. 1

This is the robe that Lyra chose. I don't know if it qualifies as a robe so please do tell me if you think so as I'll change it. Not my photo or video. The song is Head & Heart by Joel Corry x MNEK (Lyrics). Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!

_______

Lyra's POV

"What?!" I yelled "You put us in danger for a stupid scroll?!" Sokka interjected.

"I don't care if it says how the world ends! What if we already know those moves?" I questioned.

Katara shook her head fiercely,

"But it's a master scroll! What if we don't know these moves?!" Katara protested.

"Okay I'll put it this way, Katara. DEATH!!!" I began and startled Katara.

Katara seemed to miss the point again so I gave up and bunked down next to Sokka.

"She's so stubborn.." I growled softly as I forehead bashed Sokka's shoulder.

"Yeah, hey are you okay?" He asked me. "You seem down." He questioned in concern.

"Yeah- just- uh- remembered something.." I answered nonchalantly.

"Okay" he shrugged and lifted his arm over my shoulder.

"Get some rest. You look like you've been from hell and back" he teased.

"Heyy" I whined and elbowed him in the ribs.

"HeYy" he mocked me.

I laughed which turned into a yawn.

"Gonna take a nap. Wake me in like, a hour? Yeah, hour." I slurred and rested my head on Sokka's lap.

Asura had the same idea and rested her warm wings over me like a blanket. I readjusted the blindfold and fell into a dark abyss like ocean.

---------

3rd POV

Zuko grumbled impatiently as Iroh spoke,

"I've checked all the shops on this pier, not a single lotus tile in the entire marketplace!" Iroh said exasperated.

"It's good to know that this trip was a waste of time for EVERYONE!" Zuko said his tone quite angry.

Iroh waved his finger in Zuko's face,

"Now, now, my nephew not quite. I always say the only thing better than finding something you're looking for is finding something you weren't looking for at a great bargain." Iroh said excitedly.

Zuko's eyebrows raised at some of the items Iroh had bought. Particularly a cream kimono.

"What is that?" Zuko asked and pointed to the dress.

"Oh, that! Yes, that dress is for your love interest. Just in case...." Iroh winked.

Zuko blushed cherry red and looked mortified that it was that obvious.

"Ehem- ah! You bought a sungi horn?" Zuko said as he changed the subject quickly.

"For music night on the ship. Now if we had some woodwinds..." Iroh said simply as he caught the change, but smiled softly at his nephew and allowed the topic to fade into the back of the conversation.

The two explored the marketplace some more, and found a ship Iroh deemed promising.

The two entered the ship as Iroh's attention was instantly drawn to a ruby incrusted monkey. As Zuko was drawn to the jewelry area. He had planned to look at the instrument hanging behind the table, but something blue glinted in the corner of his eye. It was a hairpiece? It seemed like something she'd like. Maybe he could convince her to help him.

Oh, that is handsome! Wouldn't it look magnificent in the galley?" Iroh questioned rethorically.

"-We lost the water tribe girl and the little bald monk she was traveling with- Oh! Young man I wouldn't touch that! We had a filthy water tribe girl contaminate it earlier!" The pirate warned Zuko.

This caught Zuko's attention.

"Water tribe girl? And this monk, did he have an arrow on his head?" Zuko questioned.

The captain nodded but looked at the item Zuko placed in front of him. He had become very irritated with the captain treating her like a virus as he brushed his hands over the old metal like a rich treasure beyond the value of anything within any vault or kingdom. With a second look he saw rust along the corners of the bead where the chip sat on the metal. Perhaps he could get one of his crew to restore it.

"That item has been sold for three hundred gold. So unless you can top that it's ours." The captain smirked.

Zuko grew more irritated at the captain and grabbed the pouch off his belt he couldn't wait to feel the look of shock.

He dug through it for several minutes as the captain looked on in shock which Zuko savoured.

Zuko placed three hundred and one gold coins on the table,

"Does that top it?"

The pirate took the money with a shocked nod.

"Very well." He muttered and wrapped the pin  in soft paper.

Zuko nodded in satisfaction. But his small smile turned into a scowl once more.

"Now, about this monk.."

------

Lyra's POV

I was woken up with a whip to my foot,

"Oh shit! What the fuck?!!" I screamed and startled the group.

"Would you shush, Lyra. I'm trying to work on this technique" Katara said but didn't even glance at me.

"You whipped my foot!" I hissed at her.

She looked at me and at my foot to see my red ankle where the whip had landed.

"Oh, sorry." She said half-heartedly.

"Oh, sorry my ass...." I grumbled as I sat below a tree.

Asura leaped from behind a bush nearly giving me a heart attack until she approached.

She carried three fish in her mouth purring happily.

"Good job!" I praised her.

Her purring went louder to a whole new level.

She knew that I wouldn't eat her catch but she still offered.

I opened my hand to her offering as she chirped in delight at my acceptance for her prize.

I rubbed her head as she leaned heavily into my hand. She fell hard on my lap and took the breath from me as her weight truly brought the reality of her being nearly finished growing.

I smiled softly and thought fondly of the memories just mere weeks ago when she was still little.

Unlike owl-cats (with more owl than cat) cats-owls (more cat then owl) grew extremely fast. Although their brains and claws only fully form at around a year old. This is why she still acted much like a kitten despite her size. Though even as a kitten she was still quite intelligent.

She stared at me hopefully or at least I think she was staring at me.

She froze for a moment as her ears went up in alert and her wings arched over her back.

"What is it, Darling?"

-----------

Heh, I'm evil. Don't you guys worry though. I won't leave it on a cliffhanger.... for long ;) I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and healthy. Have a lovely day! I'll see y'all later! This chapter goes out to all the cat-owl lovers. Bye my Bookworms and until next time!
-Rose