Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip

Alexander Rybak- Fairytale (Nightcore). Not my song, or video. Just another song I was listening to, while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Video by Nightcore Kitty.
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

I glanced down at the food feeling oddly guilty. I had to help him, I knew that for sure, I had to!

I had to think...

My vision was spotty momentarily and I had to stop and lean against the wall from the ache behind my eye. I wasn't quite used to the side effects of the trade that me and La had agreed to yet. It was simply due to him using his powers to balance the tides.

I figure perhaps it would be better if I gave my vision a break. I grabbed the blindfold which sat on my blind eye and pulled it over my seeing one. My vision cut out completely into blackness as I unhooked the connection (temporarily, obviously) and my bending automatically spread around me leaving glowing transparent white orbs one tenth the size of a grain of sand.

I slumped with relief as the ache went down. I needed to work on my stamina, that was a must. But I didn't need to get out of practice with my mistbending.

I peeled myself from the wall and manuvered around the people in the market until I had met up with the group (minus Katara).

Sokka was bothering a poor guy,

"I bet Aunt Wu told you to wear those red shoes, didn't she?" Sokka accused.

"Yeah she said I'd be wearing red shoes when I met my true love" I froze my lunge towards Sokka, and Aang glanced towards me in confusion.

"Uh-huh" Sokka nodded, clearly unimpressed,
"And how many times have you worn those shoes since you got that fortune?" Sokka egged the man. At this point I was very unimpressed.

"Every day" the man said with a lovey dovey smile.

I had to physically prevent myself from face palming.

"Then of course it's gonna come true!!" Sokka shouted.

"Really?!" The man said obliviously and grabbed Sokka's hands, "you really think so?I'm so excited!" He said as he skipped away.

My irritation with Sokka's stupidity leapt a little, and I grabbed his ear making him squeak.

I pulled him away from the crowd and gave him an angry look in his direction,

"You can't just come up to people, and be rude like that!" I scolded him in a whisper and pinched his ear between my fingers making him whine childishly.

"But, Lyra-" he whined.

I shook my head and crossed my arms after handing the food off to Aang.

"No, Buts!" I interrupted him, "you lost boomerang privileges. Hand it over" I ordered and held my hand out for the boomerang.

"But- But, Lyra!" He whined and I cut him off with a silence motion.

"Ughhhhh!" He moaned and handed over the empty case stubbornly, "there" he nodded.
I simply quirked my eyebrows and motioned for the boomerang itself.

"Ugh! How did you even see that anyways?" He moaned, but handed the boomerang over.

I bended the water around me into a condensed ball the size of a marble,

"Oh" he realized, as I let it evaporate instantly.

"Oh" I mocked him childishly, "why do you act so skeptical, what if there's some truth to Aunt Wu's answers?" I asked him as I put the boomerang in its case, and hung it over my neck.