That's Not Suspicious

Song is, Money Runs Low- By The Score. As usual not my song or video, just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
___________

Lyra's POV

My wish had been granted, Aang lunged forward and stopped the fiery dragon in its path. The dragon disappated as the water molecules filled back in where the dragon had been.

Aang's tornado made me fall back into reality as I reanalyzed our exit points. The area where we'd entered, the northern exit, and the west were all blocked. Confetti rained down from the dragon.

"Hey, you trying to upstage me, kid?" The preformer gritted to Aang.

The crowd "booed" at Aang with their thumbs down in disappointment.

Aang's mask was gone! And his arrow was showing!

Sokka leapt onto the stage, offering me a hand which I accepted. He was by Katara after that and untied her from the chair. I blocked Aang as much as possible. I heard a man gasp,

"Hey that kid's the Avatar!"

All heads turned in our direction, including the heads of enemy soldiers.

"Run!" I prompted, shoving Aang away.

A spear landed, impaled in the wood where he was standing mere seconds ago.

"Follow me!" Urged the hooded stranger, "I can get you out of here!" He said urgently.

"Time to go!" Sokka agreed and grabbed Katara urging her along. She stumbled but managed to keep up after regaining her composure.

"Where are we running?" I yelled over the shouts behind us.

"I don't know! Why are you asking me?!" Sokka asked, his voice high.

"I'm not talking to you- ah! Wall! Be careful!" I winced as I twisted my angle making the turn.

"I'm calling Appa!" Aang announced, blowing into the whistle.

I scowled, wincing at the high pitch noise,

"I hope that bison whistle really works!" Sokka stated anxiously.

"This way!" The stranger shouted. We followed him only to have our path blocked by soldiers, "okay not this way" the stranger stated backing up. He pulled another smoke bomb and pulled the string from the bomb and threw it at the soldiers in front of us, making it explode.

We backed into another dead end, only this time it was an actual wall.

"Shit, this isn't good" I grunted.

"So, uh gentlemen- maybe we can chat about this later? Reschedule the fight for next time?" I offered humoursly while leaning casually against the wall, in an attempt to distract the soldiers.

The hooded figure eyed something on the top of the wall and I could only hope that he had a plan for escape.

Appa appeared with Asura at just the right moment. The two decended down to the narrow alley, making the soldiers run. Asura hissed at one particularly frozen in fear, and stood at her full stature with a her claws extended. She gave a shriek between and owl cry, and a cat hiss. The soldier wasted no time as Asura finally relaxed somewhat. She turned to face me when suddenly a fireball hit her while her back was turned. I heard her shriek as her left leg shook with burned feathers.

I glared towards the incoming soldiers who dared to hurt my baby. I was in front of the group, blocking with a huge cloud of fog from the water around me, acting as a protective barrier. My attackers appeared to confuse the soldiers at how I hadn't been hit. Meanwhile, I motioned for the fog to close in on them. It wasn't enough, but it did knock out a few soldiers. More soldiers were in their place, and jabbed his spear towards me. The spear grazed my side, making me yelp reflexively. It wasn't bad, but it was worse than being uninjured. I jumped back and the hooded figure finally finished his plan.

I was on Asura and she took off with a whimper. I patted her neck reassuringly and heard an explosion from behind us as the fireworks were set off. Asura propelled herself forwards, beside the group.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked worriedly. Everyone nodded,

"Are you?" Sokka asked with a quick motion towards my waist.

I nodded, but in all honesty, this thing hurt like a bitch. It burned painfully, as I shifted in the saddle, seemingly unbothered.

"Nice touch with the fireworks" Aang praised.

Sokka nodded,

"You really seem to know your explosives" he agreed.

"Thanks, I'm familiar" the man grunted.

"So who exactly are you?" I asked the hooded figure in suspicion, "and why did you help us?" Sokka followed "aren't you from the fire nation?"

"No" I disagreed, narrowing my focus. The way his fire flowed in his veins was like a soldiers, but something else..t

"But he is a soldier!" I realized.

"Was" the man corrected calmly, "my name's Chey" he said, introducing himself. My suspicion somewhat backed off until I remembered something,

"Wait, I thought fire nation soldiers weren't allowed to leave" I said suspiciously.

The man shook his head,

"I'll explain more when we land" he stated, cutting his words there.

My lips were in a thin line, dressed with suspicion.

"Sure" I agreed with a tight smile.

No one in my group seemed to realize possibilities of the dangers this man might produce.

Asura broke my suspicion temporarily as she whimpered. I focused around me and looked around with the water. I paused, noticing the man's heart rate up, raising my suspicion.

I snapped back to my original plan and observed Asura's wound only to be interrupted by Chey,

"What are you doing? Flying with a blindfold?" Chey asked me.

My focus was broken, and I huffed in irritation,

"I'm a waterbender, Asura is trained to follow Appa, and I'm currently examining her wound" I stated vaguely.

Chey was taken aback by my obvious spite, but said nothing.

I returned to my task, and returned to Asura's wound. I imagined cool water attaching to her wound. I heard her cry out, making the group turn to me in concern. I raised a finger, needing a moment. I soothed Asura, and Appa dropped lower until we reached a clearing. Asura dropped beside him and Momo leapt from Aang's shoulder in concern. He chattered at her side soothingly.

She relaxed. Katara leapt of the saddle with the medical bag. I had to hold Asura still as she pulled the feathers burned into the wound. When that was done, Katara gave me control again, and I cleaned and wrapped the wound.

I grabbed Asura's treat bag and cooed praises for her strength. She loved it, I gave her two bones from the bag, and she slowly ate at the bones.

I let her rest, and felt Chey's stare on me, momentarily. I turned to the man with a stoic face,

"We've landed, now you can talk" I motioned stiffly. Katara, Aang, and Sokka remained relaxed around the man, but I wasn't taking any risks. Who could blame me? This was my family.

---------

Sooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really enjoyed making it. They're so much fun to write when they get somewhat dramatic. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy your day, stay safe and healthy, and until next time my Bookworms. I will see y'all in the next one!
-Rose