Puddle

Not my song or video, the name of the song is House of Memories, by Panic at The Disco. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. As usual just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter.

-----------------

Lyra's POV

"4,010- 4,011- wait. I think I counted that one. Meh" I counted each of Appa's hairs "oh! That one came off!" I said in surprise as Appa shedded a bit.

"Lyra get back on the saddle! What if we hit a bump?!"Katara chided as I groaned.

"At least you guys get to enjoy the nice scenery. All I get is sporadic black and white dots.. Also we're flying how are we gonna hit a bump?" I grumbled beneath my breath.

"What was that?" Katara questioned though it was obvious she had heard me.

"Nothing!" I said quickly.

"That's what I thought." Katara answered as I crawled back up Appa's tail and onto the saddle.

I laid back dutifully from Katara's request.

I rolled on my side and glanced towards the sky around us.

"How can you be bored, Lyra? There's water everywhere!" Sokka questioned and waved one of his hands into the air not taking one of his hands off Appa's rrigns.

"That's like asking Aang how bored he can be with his airbending" I answered as I fiddled with one of Asura's fallen feathers.

The very same whom was sleeping in a very odd position next to me that made me wince further as she twisted her spine. I knew cats-owls were flexible but dang, if I tried to even attempt that I'd have either a broken spine, or very, very bad back issues that would leave me in a pile of pain (no thanks).

I decided to try and sleep since I seemed to be lacking, Asura's idea seemed quite nice.

Suddenly my attempt to rest was bothered by Aang panting as he continued to pace. Only this time it was much more obvious.

"Bud sit down. You'll get yourself flung off if you keep that up" I grumbled sleepily.

"Yeah, Aang. Would you sit down?! If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off! What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka exhaterated.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives!" Aang returned anxiously.

I perked up at once with the mention of the comet,

"Well let's see, you pretty much mastered airbending in 112 years-"

"Twelve years technically. He was frozen for a hundred." I jumped in.

"Twelve years. I'm sure you can master the other three elements by next summer!" Sokka assured sarcastically.

Katara and I turned to him with raised looks.

"Really, Sokka? You know what I have a secret to tell you.." I said as I carefully slid onto Appa's head where Sokka sat.

Sokka leaned towards me eagerly to hear the secret and I leaned towards his ear,

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO HOW MUCH PRESSURE AANG IS UNDER! AND YOU JOKE ABOUT IT?! THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER! THIS IS YOUR LITTLE BROTHER FOR SPIRITS SAKE! SO I SWEAR IF I EVEN SENSE A TINY TEAR ROLL OFF HIS CHEEK FROM YOUR JOKE, YOU'RE DEAD!" I said as I made a cutthroat motion and crawled back up to the saddle where Asura sat and stared with alarmed eyes as I sat down on the saddle,

"Continue." I said sweetly and patted the area beside me where Aang sat down hesitantly, as Sokka shrunk down, as small as possible.

"I haven't even started water bending, and we're weeks away from the north pole!" Aang continued clearly panicked.