Memories & Nightmares

No Plan B- by Manafest, not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's a bit of a tester so if y'all don't like it, please be sure to let me know. No hard feelings. I love y'all and I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
________

Lyra's POV

It wasn't that I didn't miss my family (outside of the traveling circus I lived with), I did. But the freedom I had gained was unreal. It was as I finished talking with the woman when I truly allowed myself to ponder the past.

I stretched, and my elbows popped pleasantly.

I was hungry so I made my way towards Bato's hut.

I was hit with a wondrous smell and my mouth watered.

I grabbed a bowl and ladled myself some soup.

It was as I took a sip as the memories fully returned to me, like I had been sucked back in time, before mom got killed, simpler times...

"Mommy! Momma! Dad, where's mom?" Little me asked as I tugged at my dad's sleeves.

My dad looked down at me with a warm expression and he smiled softly,

"She's taking care of Ida, remember?" He reminded me.

"But she promised to teach me how to ice fish" little me whined childishly.

"Lyra" he scolded, "she's busy, why don't you play with your siblings?" He offered the idea.

Little me pouted, and crossed my small arms, "Sokka doesn't like playing with me because I always win, and Katara only plays with me because she thinks I'm cheating" I exclaimed.

"But are you cheating?" Dad asked me with a smirk,

"Wh-What? I would never cheat" I denied.

"Did you know, your ears turn green when you lie" he smiled.

Very stupidly I believed him and cupped my gloved hands over my ears,

"I'm not lying" I denied.

"Is that green I see peeking through your glove?" He chuckled.

"No!" I denied and sprinted outside.

I heard his laughter as I kicked the snow below my boots in frustration.

"What's got you so mad?" Katara asked as she saw my face.

"I went looking for mom, and dad says she's busy" I huffed.

"Why did you need mom?" Sokka asked from behind me, making me jump.

I clutched my chest,

"Well, if you didn't know already, mom is gonna teach me how to ice fish!" I grinned proudly.

"Oh" Sokka said. "That's it?"

My face wrinkled in confusion and I glared into his icy eyes, the same as mom's.

"What?" He shrugged back.

"That's it?" He says, "that's it? I swear to the Spirits, Sokka- let me guess you already know." I stated as I added the information up.

"Yup" he nodded proudly, "Dad showed me last week. I may as well be an expert by now. We fished for two whole hours" he gloated.

I groaned, throwing my arms up,

"I can't have one single thing before you guys, can I?" I groaned.

"I can teach you" Sokka offered.

"You can? Does that mean-"

"I don't think that's a good idea" Katara protested.

"Why not" Sokka asked and deflated.

"Well, what if something happened? What if a polar bear-seal jumped at you guys on the ice?" She fretted.

I waved her off,

"It's fine, Katara. Let's go, Sokka!" I cheered and fist bumped the air.

"Yeah!" He cheered besides me.
___

I put down the bowl and forced myself to stop as my anxiety cramped my stomach. Too much for one day. I was going to bed.

I settled in, resting my head on Asura's front paw. As soon as she noticed me she cooed a sleepy greeting and lifted her wing over me. Her purrs reawakened, and the calming noise was like a sweet lullaby.

I yawned and lost myself into the inky pit that my dreams consisted of.

Cold draped me in my dreams like an icy blanket. Heavy snow fell around me and my vision was unresponsive as I requested La's help.

Suddenly like blinding lights the darkness was  gone. The cold bit at my feet and I stumbled in front of a small campfire.

It raged into a massive tangle of flames. A shadowy figure appeared and I recognized the ponytail.

"Zuko?" My voice cracked in fear. Smoke curled off him and he glared at me as if I'd just tried to kill him.

"Zuko" I repeated, "what's wrong?"

He fumed and flames emerged from his nostrils,

"Zuko, please" I begged him as I backed into a stark white wall. The blizzard, darkness and campfire was gone.

His hand blocked my escape, and he pulled back his fist with a large fireball,

"I hate you!" He gritted, "you're so weak, and useless. Why are you still here?" He growled.

I looked up at him in shock,

"What?" I tremorred as my worst fears realized.

"You heard him" came a sharp voice, one that occupied a large majority of my life.

"Dad?" I "Is that you?" I questioned the ghost of my past.

"I regret my decision, your traveling companions have agreed that this is for the best" he explained darkly.

"What is-" I was stopped as a knife was plunged into my stomach and was pulled out.

I fell back, and tears stung my eyes,

"Why?" I choked.

"Why not" echoed the demons in my mind.

"You're not my girlfriend, I don't want you. No one does" Zuko stated coldly.

My chest ached with betral and the two figures were gone like a puff of smoke.

"Leave me alone" I stated coldly to the silent figure, and pressed against the knife wound to stop the bleeding, "I won't let you control me, no matter what happened in the past! People change, Zuko's a good man, and he loves me, I know it."

_______

Soooo this chapter I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I decided to put one towards her inner psychology, and I think it worked? Not sure. But anyways I hope you guys have a wonderful day or whatever time it is for you guys, and stay safe and healthy. But until next time my Bookworms. I put my heart out to those of you struggling, and I hope you know that you're not alone. I love y'all!
-Rose