Escape

Escape, nightcore. One of my favorite songs just what I was listening to whilst I was writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!

----------------

Lyra's POV

As the fire came down, I didn't flinch.

The ocean shifted as the waves began to tumble violently against the rig.

I felt the fire burn through the back of my clothes and the fire approached my back.

I screamed as it burned through the flesh of my back.

"Oh that's it!" I growled.

My eyes grew a heated glare as the firebender brought the fire down again and again.

"What are you gonna do, waterbend?" The warden taunted.

I tugged the guards who held me back.

I breathed in exhaustion as the fire stopped.

I thanked the moon in relief but winced as the guards released me fell and I was pushed into roughly the yard with a kick to my burnt back. I could feel the blisters and blood appearing with searing pain as my stomach tightened in pain.

Katara caught me and touched my back on accident making me whimper and heave as I pulled my self into a ball.

"Is she alright?" Haru asked as I curled on the cold metal.

I didn't care what people said, all I cared about was making the pain stop.

"I don't know..." Katara frowned.

I finally gathered my strength after curling on the ground like some wimp.

I uncurled myself and winced as I pushed myself up off the metal.

"Lyra! Careful you're gonna hurt yourself." She worried.

"I'm already hurt, Katara. It's no use I'll be fine, I've felt worse." I stated coldly at her concern, I didn't feel guilty right now, tears stung my eyes as I stepped back.

"Yeah but still-"

"I'm fine." I stated my tone filled with zero room to argue.

I stifled a groan as I straightened my back but instantly regretted it.

"That's not a good idea. You'll need to talk to, Agatha. She treats the people who are given fire as punishment." A new voice offered.

"I know you likely mean well, but who are you, and why should I trust you?" I asked the new voice.

"I'm Tyro, I'm Haru's father" Tyro introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lyra, and Katara's sister." I gritted with a painful smile.

"Now- uh where can I find Agatha?" I asked.

"She's over there." He pointed toward an old woman sitting alone.

I nodded my thanks and stood up, a little wobbly at first but I made it.

I moved to greet the woman.

"Hi- uh Tyro said to come to you for the uh-"

"Burns? Of course dear, sit down." She smiled kindly.

I nodded and sat down painstakingly.

I leaned my head back taking a breath.

"I saw what happened, it's alright, we've all gotten them at least once." She said softly with a hint of bitterness laced in her words.

"It's a shame, you're so young..." she frowned as she began to wrap the wounds with torn shreds of old blankets.