All in Your Head

Song is called (Lost my Mind- By FINNEAS). I was reminded of the song when I was writing the title for this chapter. As usual not my song or video. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I love y'all!🌹♥️
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

Something sweet was squirming in my mouth, instantly it quickened and turned bitter in turn I spat it out, repulsed.

"What the fuck?!" I screeched as I realized it was a frog.

Wait a second, this didn't feel like the medical bay bed, and where was Zuko? I didn't feel the constant movement of water, or the boat rocking.

My vision opened out and I recognized the sound of Katara and Sokka.

Wait what?! But I was just with Zuko, and Iroh! How was that possible?!

"What's going on?!" I asked in huge confusion.

"Lyra! You're awake!" Aang shouted and hugged me tightly.

"Yeah, I know" I panicked, "but I was just with Iroh, and Zuko!" I stated.

Everyone looked to me oddly,

"But Sokka, and I pulled you and Asura out of the water." Katara stated faintly.

The words were like a slap in the face,

"So it was all in my head?" I asked nervously.

Everyone nodded, and I clutched my head,

"But it was so real... I-I could see. Zuko, he was so sweet, and loving. And Iroh, we ate food together. Zuko trained, I saw him. He gave me a red blindfold..." I said as I reached up to find a rough blindfold crusty against my skin from dried saltwater.

"It was all a dream, wasn't it?" I realized.

Aang nodded,

"What happened to me that made mine so vivid?" I questioned out loud.

Katara rose to answer,

"We don't know but you treaded water until you passed out on Asura after you were thrown off the saddle. Then we managed to get to you two before anything else could happen. And here we are." She finished.

"But he kissed me on the forehead.." I said "it felt like live electricity.." I stated.

Katara shrugged,

"I dunno, but Sokka kissed you on the forehead. You probably dreamed it." She supplied a possibility.

I breathed,

Now that I thought about it, everything on Zuko's ship was odd. I never ran into any guards or crew members, and I had somehow been out of my body, and in someone else's when I was passed out in the dream. And there was no females on the ship, that I knew for sure. So Katara wasn't lying. Part of me wanted it to be true, but Zuko wasn't himself.

I nodded,

"Okay," I agreed painfully.

Aang still seemed down and I knew I had to be there.

I pulled myself from the sleeping bag with little trouble.

Asura snoozed up on Appa when I crawled down by Aang.

Aang didn't turn to me, but I did notice the tears on his face.

"Hey, Bud." I greeted him softly, "may I sit next to you?" I asked him. I wanted him comfortable so he felt safe to talk about his stress.

Aang nodded,

I laid myself down next to him delicately, as not to startle him,

"Do you wanna hear a story?" I asked.

He looked to me in confusion but nodded,

"A long time ago, before the time of benders, and even spirits-"

"Wait, before spirits?" Aang interrupted me, already caught in the maws of my story.

"Yes, now before the spirits could form there lived five original spirits. There was one dubbed the neutral spirit, they were two spirits in one body. Good and evil, dark and light. Raava The Spirit of Light, and Vaatu The Spirit of Darkness. Two spirits joined as one."

"What were the others?" Aang leaned forward in interest.

I laughed,

"I'm getting there now. The second, her name was mother earth, or as some called her; Terra. The third much like the neutral spirit was two spirits counted as one, they were the ocean and the moon, and they worked together to push and pull the tides. The third spirit was a newborn spirit, it was unknown what form it took but it is known that it's innocence and non-materialistic traits made it free of earthly items hence it could be one with the wind. Finally the last spirit was a Phoenix call Agni Kai, and maker of the sun, and the first to control fire. Together the four elemental spirits formed a home unlike any other. They formed everything. And when they were done they laid down their bodies to give it life. The four created animals that used their element. Air created; sky bison, flying lemurs, and other flying animals, Water created; fish and ocean animals, Earth created; badgermoles and burrowing insects, and finally Fire made; dragons, and creatures that omitted light."

"But what about the neutral spirit? What happened to it?" Aang butted in.

"It's said that light and darkness split in two.. legend says, every ten thousand years the two battle to decide the fate of the world for an eternity..." I said grippingly.

"It's not real is it?" Aang questioned anxiously.

I shook my head in amusement,

"Of course not, Aang. It's been passed down for generations, I'm sure if it were it would've happened by now, if it were real" I assured him.

He nodded, humming in thought,

"You said it was passed down from generation to generation, right?" He asked to which I responded with a simple nod, "then where did it come from? Who did it come from?" Aang questioned in deep thought.

I shrugged,

"It was a story my Gran Gran told me. It's probably changed quite a bit over the years" I said nonchalantly.

"Probably" Aang agreed.

"But the name Raava sound really familiar.." Aang trailed in thought, at least he wasn't sad anymore.

"So, why don't you know what the air spirit was like?" Aang asked, leaning forward.

"Well" I hesitated, unsure what to say, "that was how my Gran Gran said it. But, I like to think the air spirit was a mischievous little kid. I imagine it as the wind. Because- well- have you ever thought you heard laughter, or a voice in the wind?" I asked thoughtfully.

Aang thought for a moment, and the wind seemed to stop momentarily as the grass stilled. As if the wind was listening..

Aang finally nodded,

"I thought it was just me but in the air temples it wasn't at all uncommon to hear voices. Especially through the hallways. Everyone just wrote it off as the wind blowing through hallways just the right way that made it sound like voices." Aang explained.

Just outside I swear on the Spirits, I thought I heard delighted, childish laughter.

I was probably still hallucinating a bit, it's all in my head..

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I hope you guys are staying safe and healthy, and I hope you have a wonderful day! I'll see y'all in the next one! Bye my Bookworms, and until next time, I'm out!
-Rose