2 vs 1

Lyra's POV

"Are you crazy, Katara? You're not gonna win this fight!" Sokka warned Katara as I caught up with the three.

"I hate to say it, but Sokka's right! He'll humiliate you!" I tried to stop her.

"I know. I don't care." Katara stated, as she tossed off her overcoat to Sokka.

"You don't have to do this for us. We can find another teacher" Aang tried to reason.

Katara was adamant, though.

I understood her reasoning as I stopped suddenly, she wasn't doing this for us. She was doing this for herself, for the other women who wouldn't get the chance to learn under the masters.

I stopped trying to reason with her, knowing I couldn't stop her, but I couldn't leave her to this fight alone.

I shed myself of my coat and tossed it to Sokka,

"Not you too, Lyra.." Sokka groaned as we reached the bottom of the stairs,

"What do you mean?" Katara questioned as she turned to me, I smiled and cracked my neck, and knuckles, 

"What? I want a go of this too" I smiled as Katara graced a grin.

"So, you decided to show up?" Katara glared at the old master as he descended down the stairs.

He walked past us, not giving either of us a second glance.

"Both of you ladies, go back to the healing huts, where you belong" Pakku stated dismissively.

This greatly angered us as Katara sent a whip of water at his neck and I froze the water at his feet.

"Fine." he stated as he turned to us, "You two want to learn to fight soo bad? Study closely!" He stated crazily.

In an instant he got into an attack form and pulled the water around him, Katara dashed to the left and I went to the right.

He managed to send a bit of water at her sending her back, but he hadn't gotten me. 

I evaded two spouts of water he sent my way and I tripped him off his feet, freezing his hands to the ground as he fell.

He recovered in an instant as I jumped back from him, and he caught the large spout of water Katara sent at him turning it into a ring around us with Katara at my side.

He laughed,

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you two" he stated calmly as he made the ring smaller.

Katara and I stumbled forward and she broke the fast moving ring of water sending it into Sokka.

I paused in a moment of distraction to check if he was okay, but in my distraction I felt the water move beneath me and I slipped back.

My fingernails gripped the slick ice as I pulled up a shelf of ice beneath me.

I stood up quickly as Katara ran at Pakku. He made up ramp which she slid up and onto the stair railing.

I twisted the ice beneath my feet referencing a move Aang used with his airbending to stand quickly and made a large column of ice, freezing it around me like armor. 

He sent a wave of water at Katara and I as I split the column with my palm, the other he sent at Katara who froze her feet down securely and dissolved the water into the air, a trick I had unintentionally taught her.

"You can't knock us down!" she stated powerfully,

"GO KATARA, AND LYRA!" Aang yelled over the cheers.