The Warrior Turned Soft

Oh My Dear Lord- By The Unlikely Candidates. As usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

-----------------

Lyra's POV

The campsite arrived in my field of vision and I noticed one man sat with his legs crossed in a meditative pose. He was situated in the tent at the center of the camp. We stopped at the edge of the thick forest as Lin Ye jabbed Chey in the back.

"Go in" Lin Ye ordered, "he sees you only".

Chey seemed somewhat disappointed,

"Oh, that's okay- we can chat later"
Chey reassured an inpatient be Lin Ye.

"Wait, is that where Jeong Jeong is? I need to talk to him right away!" Aang stated as he went to pass Lin Ye, only to be intercepted by a spear blocking his path. Courtesy of Lin Ye himself.

"No you wait here" Lin Ye responded and shoved Chey forward.

"Go, now!" Lin Ye ordered firmly.

I began to grow worried for Chey, but he only worked to reassure us.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. He's a great man, a great man!" Chey repeated, sounding more like he was assuring himself.

I turned to Sokka who remained skeptical.

Lin Ye soon led us to a large tent structure of sorts, and stood guard outside while we waited.

Aang was growing more and more impatient by the second. Asura served as a very irritating distraction. She kept trying to climb up the metal tent, but only succeeded in further escalating Aang's impatience.

"C'mon Bud, I'm sure it's not that much longer now." I tried to reassure him.

I eventually regretted saying that as minutes turned to hours. Katara eventually fell asleep, and Sokka began to doze. Asura was whimpering so I managed to convince Lin Ye to let me out to calm her down. I stayed with her, and dozed tucked against her, with her wing covering me. I reawoke with an ache in my head as Chey's steps approached, I followed after him, into the tent with the group.

As Chey entered the tent, Aang shot up. It woke Momo who chattered in irritation and perched on my shoulder. He again jumped off to cuddle with Asura.

"What happened?! Can I see Jeong Jeong now?" Aang asked eagerly.

Chey seemed down as he slumped against the wall of the tent,

"He won't see you" Chey answered with a disappointed frown, "he's very angry that I brought you here. He wants you to leave immediately" Chey finished.

"Finally, let's hit the road!" Sokka blurted, clearly relieved as he stretched awake.

"Why won't he see me?" Aang asked in disappointment.

"He says you're not ready, says you haven't mastered waterbending and earth bending yet"

"How does he know that?" Aang started

"-was he spying on us?"

Aang and I both asked.

"He saw the way you walked into camp, he can tell" Chey stated sounding either paranoid or in admiration. It was really hard to tell.

"I'm going in anyways" Aang stated much to mine and Sokka's objections.

Aang didn't listen as he passed Lin Ye.

"Aang, I don't think that's a good idea!" I called after him.

I managed to reach him and grabbed him by the wrist.

"Lyra, please" Aang begged, "this could be my only chance to learn fire bending from a real master."

I felt contradicted, he was right, but at the same time what if this was a trap? Or this guy was a fake? Or a bad teacher?

I huffed lightly, and nodded, releasing his wrist in the process.

"Just, be careful, Bud" I pleaded.

Aang only nodded and stepped closer to the tent until he eventually stepped through. I didn't care to listen in. However I was confused when I felt a sudden spike of spiritual energy.

It was gone as fast as it had come, and Aang was grinning from ear to ear upon leaving the tent.

Aang zoomed past me with a gleeful grin, and I heard Lin Ye groan upon seeing Aang grinning.

Immediately he recollected his composure and nodded.

"Of course" he agreed, "please follow me".

I poked my head into the tent when a mischievous idea struck me.

I rubbed my palms together eagerly and pulled them apart with a snake of condensed water in the air.

I guided the snake of water, and made it climb down the back of Sokka's shirt.

"Sokka! There's as water snake on your back!" I yelled in false panic.

Sokka was up in an instant, screaming his head off. He slapped the snake of water on his waist and like a water balloon it kinda popped. It left water all over his shirt, and realization hit him.

He looked at me, clearly unimpressed.

"Really? Of all the tricks in the book, YOU PULL THE FREAKING WATERSNAKE TRICK?! Fuck you bitch" he whined at the end with a sarcastic middle finger.

I held my palm to my chest in mock astonishment,

"Well I'm sorry, I did warn you about a WATER-snake. Just because I was controlling it doesn't mean I wasn't going to warn you" I joked.

At this point Katara was awake and rubbed her eyes tiredly,

"What is all the commotion about?" She yawned and stretched.

"Lyra tried fooling me the 'watersnake' trick" Sokka pouted.

Katara broke into a smile,

"Success?" She asked with a grin

"Success" I confirmed proudly.

"Heck yeah!" She said, high-fiving me, "I've always wanted to do that" she admitted.

Aang had beaten us to the tent. He seemed excited as he ran to Appa.

"I got a fire bender teacher, Appa!" Aang grinned as he hugged Appa's head.

We stopped before a medium sized tent. Quite a bit larger than the metal one.

Asura was happier than ever. She acted like a curious kitten, sniffing and rubbing anything her size, including Lin Ye.

The warrior seemed quite a bit hesitant as he caved and patted her head feathers, leaving her in a large purring storm.

I was glad to be in a sleeping area, I wasn't sure when the last time I had slept. I was still experiencing some quickly accelerating concussion. It was probably a bad idea to ignore the concussion earlier as I was quickly learning. My ears rang as soon as I laid down. My head ached like it'd been pounded in. I hadn't thought much earlier but I was almost certain I was experiencing delayed symptoms.

I had no trouble drifting into sleep, however. In fact it was harder to resist sleep. My memory failed me, how long had it been since I'd last slept? This concussion must be really messing with me...

------------------------------

Sooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for the support! I think I just needed some time. But anyways, enough about me. I hope you guys have a wonderful day or whatever time it is for y'all. Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and I'll see y'all in the next one! Until next time my Bookworms, Love ya!
-Rose