Can't Have Light Without Darkness

You'll be on my Mind, by WayKap. Been watching Aphmau since I was around 6ish, time flys and this is the ultimate nostalgia and my most recent song obsession. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-Rose
----
Lyra's POV

Katara watched with wonder filled eyes.

I fell to the back of the group, and observed the sky above the volcano, suspiciously. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. Although, the summer heat was a bit hot at the top..

Something was off. Perhaps my opinion was biased (because I didn't want to believe my reading). But something tasted fishy with this whole volcano thing..

Sokka was a bit more open about it. Whereas, I kept my doubts to myself; the last thing we needed, was a village angry at the new, mysterious, traveling, half skeptic group.

What a spin that would be, messanger halks would deliver news of the Avatar group overpowered by a village and demise under the hands of the Firelord, and the soldiers signaled by the villagers.

I shuddered to think what'd happen.

Aang took a breath, and I quietly listened into the conversation. I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"Since I got here-" Aang began nervously "-There's something I want to tell you..  I like you, but more than normal."

My eyes bulged, and my jaw dropped. I mean, I was expecting it eventually but he literally just admitted to his crush.

Katara hadn't seemed to hear him. Typical, she was too lost in dreamland to notice her possible significant other.

She instead, ran after Aunt Wu for another reading.

"Nevermind" Aang frowned, as his head went to hang downwards.

My lip curled in disgust from Katara's ignorant behavior, that was extremely mean. The total disregard for Aang (although, perhaps she truly hadn't heard him).

Still, mean!

Asura chuffed lightly at me and nipped my hanging hand, for chin scratches, obviously. My anger dissipated and my lips lifted in a motherly smile.

"Come one, Love; let's help Aang feel better" I cooed just barely loud enough for her to hear, and scratched her chin, making her purr in delight, as her eyes close in pleasure.

She was obviously upset when I stopped, and gave a sassy coo as I walked away, to comfort Aang. I raised an eyebrow at her at her childish attempt for attention.

"Well, come on then!" I urged her amusingly.

She took my offer, skipping beside me.

"Hey, Bud!" I smiled and set my hand on his left shoulder.

He turned to me and his expression lifted into a false smile,"Hey, Lyra!" He chirped enthusiastically, "the cloud reading was cool, wasn't it?" He smiled falsely.

My smile bloomed, 'nice try Bud. But you can't fool me. Your heartbeat gives away your lies' I wanted to say,

"Hey, you wanna see something funny?" I whispered instead.

He nodded hesitantly,

"Sure, but what are you gonna do?" He questioned cautiously.

I shrugged, unsure,

"I'm not quite sure myself.." I hummed, admittedly. My eyes scanned and they connected to Sokka, grumbling crabbily against a wall.

I saw a stand lining one area of the town market, and I grinned wickedly.

It was a kebabs stand..

I shuffled through my bag finding a silver coin at the bottom. Perfect.

"You hungry?" I asked him nonchalantly.

He shrugged,

"A little bit" he answered with a shrug.

"Okay, stay here. I'll be right back" I said, and turned into the marketplace. Specifically a kebab stall.

The kebabs came in many forms. Vegetables, meat, mixed, spicy, non-spicy, tofu, fish... Pickled plums, they even had onigiri filled with all sort of spices, and fillings. The stall seemed like it was dying with the lack of customers so I decided to end that temporarily. I grinned inwardly as I noticed the onigiri.

For four onigiri it was one copper which was 1/8th of a silver coin. It included a mix and match. I chose umeboshi (pickled sour plum), sha-ke (salted cod-salmon), okaka (bonito flakes with soy sauce), and my personal favorite, kombu (simmered river seaweed). I chose an extra spicy kebab with chicken (for Sokka), and a normal meat kebab (I'm not that mean) a savory vegetable, tofu, and egg kebab (for Aang) a raw fish kebab (for Asura, and Momo), and a raw vegetable one for Appa. I got a roasted tofu, and vegetable (for Katara).

The shop owner was thrilled to have a customer, looking a lot more than bored and gave me a free experimental dessert onigiri rolled in black sesame seeds, and red bean in the center.

It was, absolutely delicious! And may or may not have become one of my favorite foods yet.

"So, slow day, huh? You would think with Aunt Wu out today it may be more busy" I said casually, as I leaned against the house, the stall rested against.

The owner of the stall seemed to freeze, and his face drooped with sadness.

"Ah, yes.." the older man sighed and pushed the meat kebabs around with cooking chopsticks, "unfortunately the townspeople have stopped coming after Aunt Wu said my business would be destroyed some time this year, and there's already a rich business on the lookout for a new nesting area" he said and motioned to his house. I noticed the home, specifically the lacking of a carved symbol atop the door.

Whereas all other houses had a family symbol above the door, his did not. It practically screamed a lack of wealth, and family.

"What are you insinuating?" I asked him anxiously.

"I'm insinuating, that this home will likely not be mine for much longer" he said sadly, and his head went downcast.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized quickly, I hadn't meant to bring up such a private subject.

He shook his head,

"No need for apologies, your food is done!" He chimed cheerfully.

I smiled, pressing the silver coin to his hand and walked away with the food in hand, and without the change...

-----
Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It took way longer than I would've liked. But, writer's block sucks :p. I've lost count of the amount of times I've rewritten this chapter. Simply because, I was dissatisfied with it. Anyway, I hope you guys have a fantastic day, and stay safe and healthy. I would also like to spread awareness for the water crisis my friends in Egypt and that area, are experiencing. I myself am lucky enough to have water, electricity, a good home, and school but I want to support the less fortunate. Stay safe and healthy and I will see y'all in the next one!
-Rose