Psychopath

Noah Kahan- Young Blood. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! As usual I don't own the song or video but I was listening to it while writing this chapter! Enjoy!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

He was hesitant as I took a deep breath as I felt a solid step beneath my foot. To onlookers it might've looked like a ghost walking on thick fog.

Sokka's eyes bulged out and he was unable to make words.

I was two steps up in the air which was thick and humid.

The sole of Sokka's shoes fell onto the solid fog. He lifted his foot off the squishy mud below and found himself floating. He choked on his tongue,

"We're- we're walking on- on air!?" He stuttered in shock.

I smirked keeping my hand linked with his and nodded gleefully.

"Yup, step up again" I ordered.

My other hand was stretched out to keep the platform below us from falling apart with my calf muscles tight to prevent him from falling through (as funny as it might've been, although I could try it on Katara since she was being an arse. How I enjoy being mischievous).

The process continued until we made it to the top with Sokka gaining trust on the invisible steps beneath him.

We finally made it to the tree platform and my hand released his and my fingers on my other hand fell back after staying fanned out to keep the platforms together. I found my calves aching as I finally reaxed them.

"That was awesome!" Sokka said in a cheerful whisper.

I laughed at his childish amazement and tugged him towards the dining area. It wasn't long when we arrived and sat down besides Katara, and Aang.

The table was lined with sweet spindle berries, rowan, black nightshade, and dogrose berries. All edible although the spindle berries were deseeded as the seeds were poisonous (fun fact the scorpion berries are based off these only with needle-like seed ;) cool huh?) There was also some spiced bread, and some chive goat-cow butter. I recognized a few from the raid earlier. But what excited me most was the roasted wild boar. I hadn't had wild boar since I was seven after dad brought some jerky back for us to try.

I had never had it like this. There was some maple tea as well that carried a warm fragrance across the area.

I allowed myself to relax as the aromatics surrounded me,

Large edible leaves were passed around and people dug in.

I didn't hesitate to fill my leafy plate as people stuffed their faces. The boar fell apart to the touch and I grabbed some using my twig chopsticks.

"Today we struck another blow against the firenation swine!" Jet began and the air grew light with joy, although calling the swine was a bit much, it was all I had to not jump to their defense the soldiers were only following orders afterall..

His sentence was followed by cheers and Sokka kept up his skeptical appearance.

I could see he was struggling as his mouth was salivating from the smell of food.

I moved next to him as Jet commented on riding a soldier like a hog mokey causing me to bristle at the disrespect.

"Come on, Sokka. Jet's a good guy, you gotta eat." I put fake emphasis on Jet being good to show Sokka I was still on his side.

He caved, with little effort and dug in on the boar.

"Now, the fire nation thinks they don't have to worry about a couple kids in the trees. Maybe they're right-" Jet paused allowing the group to 'boo' consecutively,

"Or maybe, they're dead wrong!" Jet scowled dangerously. Reminding me of a psychopath. It chilled me to the bone, something was wrong with this guy just the way he emphasized 'dead'.

Jet sat down as Katara congradulated hime on his speech,

"By the way, I was really impressed with you, Lyra, and Aang." He flattered her.

What was it he wanted? Jet was definitely sweet talking us.

But I made sure I covered my face with a gleaming smile. Katara had yet to realize how very fake it was. Though Sokka knew. w
We were the partners in crime nowadays.

"Well, he's great. He's the Avatar" she smiled softly, "I could use some more training." Katara blushed.

"Avatar, huh? Very nice." Jet smiled.

I could almost hear the gears in his head and Sokka and I shared knowing looks.

"Thanks, Jet!" Aang smiled, thinking it to be praise.

Well, it was in a way..

"So I might know a way you, and Aang can help in our struggle" there it is. He's charmed them now here's his motive,

I feigned dizziness,

"Sokka, I don't feel well..." I said quietly but loud enough for Jet to hear as well as the others. I tottered and tilted like a tree in the wind pulling the blood from my face causing it to pale.

"Unfortunately we have to leave tonight, Lyra isn't feeling well and she hasn't been since yesterday. She got bit by a poisonous spider so we need to get her to a doctor." Sokka barked an excuse.

Jet nodded,

"Yes, that may be difficult. Rest assured, we have medicine here. Pipsqueak, do you mind grabbing the milk leaf we've been saving?" Jet asked as Pipsqueak nodded.

"That won't be necessary, I just need to get it looked at. It might be infected." I said in a fake tired voice.

I put my weight on Sokka who acted concerned, and Katara and Aang who looked relieved at the medicine.

Pipsqueak returned carrying a bowl and poured the stuff in my tea.

"Don't worry, I got bit by a viper-spider, the milk leaf helps." Jet nodded.

Katara and Aang smiled and I actually paled.

I had to take the medicine to avoid suspicions but I wasn't actually sick. I sent Sokka a look but swallowed the tea.

It was bitter and metallic to the taste, instantly my head spun as it fell down my throat.

"Don't worry, she'll be out for a bit...." Jet reassured the others.

Sokka lifted me bridal style, and my breathing slowed but my concious mind remained aware. This wasn't medicine, I was paralyzed, my waterbending was weakened, I couldn't move!

Jet showed Sokka sleeping quarters but Asura took me away from Sokka, and Jet with a low yowl.

Sokka had no idea, please remain calm, Sokka, please.

Jet calmed her as he urged Sokka back to Katara and Aang and he scared Asura away with a swing of his hooksword after Sokka left. Asura hissed in fear and ran away, clearly trying to regroup and make a plan as Jet carried me further away until we were far enough away. When he found we were far enough away he spoke,

"I knew it" he said nd set me on the fabric bef, "I can't let you warn them." He growled softly and set me on the bed. I wanted to spit in his face, thrash around, kick him in the balls, spirits knew he deserved it.

It was a good thing I had slipped that letter to Sokka earlier having put it in his pack. Which he'd find tonight ehen he went to change into his night clothes.

Asura returned minutes later hissing angrily and picked me up in her front claws delicately while she caught Jet suprised. Not quick enough to avoid Jet unfortunately. Evil bastard, when I woke up from this paralysis I'd kill him myself. He was deceiving my family, hurt my little baby Girl, and paralyzed me (temporarily). He was gonna get what's coming for him.

I heard a cry of pain and I knew he'd slashed her back leg as she took off with me in her front paws.

I wouldn't let him get away with this...

-------

Soooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I got kinda mad at my little brother so I channeled that anger in this chapter. Anyway see y'all in the next one! Stay safe and healthy, have a great day my Bookworms!
Until the next one!
-Rose