Airbenders?

So sorry for not updating in a long time! Also the song is 'Passing Through' By Kaden MacKay as usualnot my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. It's one of my new favorites, I love it. I hope you guys like it too! Enjoy!

Lyra's POV

As it should be mentioned, it's only fair we did laundry.

It was no strange oddity with us to be unclothed seperately sometimes, but that was boys and girls seperation.

So when I began to open the bag of stench filled clothes I ordered Sokka and Aang to give me theirs while they took another bath. It wasn't unusual, Katara had already changed into fresh clothes and I washed all the muddy ones.

Aang and Sokka appeared more or less embarrassed as I washed the clothes nearby.

"Can you not do that here?" Sokka asked me embarrassed.

I turned to him with a scolding glare in his direction,

"Why?" I asked, "So you two can plan another prank? Besides, just because I got rid of the mask doesn't mean I can see. You two are human shaped blobs regardless" I stated as I shook the clothes in the water.

I could feel the filth coming off, and threw in the dried herbs I used to clean the clothes, the herb is called soapwort. It smells a bit citrusy.

Sokka and Aang didn't say anything as they both relaxed upon my words.

"Fine" Sokka caved, "Where are we heading next? Now that I think about it"

I shrugged,

"We're still heading north, I'm sure we're not far" I thought out loud. I paused briefly to think,

"We can break in a few hours, we can have lunch before that though" I stated and resumed my work.

"What can I do?" Aang asked.

I tapped my chin for a milisecond,

"Sokka's gonna help with catching fish or some wild game, Katara's probably got the fire going. So after I'm done with this, I'll pull the water out. We can have some soup or grilled fish vegetables and herbs depending on what we find.." I rambled.

I shook myself out of rambling and thought of how to simplify what I just said,

"You're gonna search for vegetables and herbs with Momo pretty much" I clarified.

Aang nodded and turned to look at Sokka expectingly.

Sokka groaned and caved, not hearing me earlier,

"Fine, what do you need me to do?" He caved.

"You're catching fish, or hunting with Asura" I stated simply and pulled the water from the clothes with a wringing motion.

Sokka perked up,

"I can do that" He agreed readily.

I nodded happily.

When the two had finished cleaning up I had returned to the camp long before with clean clothes.

Sokka and Aang had theirs already.

It took time to make lunch but it was really good. Just some simple roasted vegetables and fish.

It was kinda nice to continue traveling after that break.

It reached about an hour before the sun hit its peak. When we decided that we'd had enough time in the air.

Even Asura was eager to land.

We landed by a remote looking hut where we decided to rest. There was a group nestling there for the day, travelers like us.

I offered my help with cooking for the storytellers resting there, Aang offered to help forage, Katara collected water, and Sokka helped collect some food. It was something we liked to do to help out.

I even got the chance to relax a bit, it was then my thoughts broke through my present thinking.

I thought back to Zuko, the relationship felt fast, I worried we were moving too fast. I might have to step back, there was so much going on.

I dismissed my thoughts and brushed dirt off my knees, no use moping in it now.

I didn't realize how fast the day had passed when Sokka pulled me to the campfire with other people sitting around a storyteller.

I didn't really care to listen, rather I tuned out everything around me but his final story peaked my interest.

"So, travelers, the next time you think you hear a strange large bird talking, take a closer look it might night be a talking parrot but a flying man, A member of a secret group of airwalkers who laugh at gravity and laugh at those bound to the earth by it" the man finished his story.

Almost sounds like Aang..

One of the men passed around a hat, holding it open for coins.

I dropped one coin in and the man picked it out and handed it back.

"Nice button" He commented and dropped it with a scoff.

"You can't talk to her like that" Katara scowled and crossed her arms, the guy took no time in backing off as the rest of the GAang took a second to glare at the man.

"Okay, I really did not mean to give him a button but that was rude" I stated more to myself.

"We know" Katara reassured me, "I can understand how they could be mixed up".

"Aren't airbender stories the best?" Aang asked rhetorically as we moved forward, puttingthe incidentin the past.

"Aang, I know you said that you fly using gliders but is there a way that you can fly without one?" I asked curiously.

Aang looked at me and laughed,

"That'd be impossible, no one can fly without a glider, not even an airbender" Aang spoke humorously.

"But he said they laugh at gravity all the time" Sokka wedged.

"I laugh at gravity all the time" Aang spoke as he jumped up and floated up a tiny bit, but not noticibly to the untrained eye, "Haha, gravity!" Aang laughed.

"Jingle jingle" one of the people sang as they walked up to Sokka.

Sokka scrambled but pulled out a elephant tick and a bunch of crumbs.

The man scrunched his nose and retreated to the storyteller.

"Aw, cheapskates" He muttered and walked away.

"Thanks for the story!" Aang stated kindly as he approached the storyteller and his assistants counting money.

"Tell it to the cap, boy" the man stated without even turning to Aang.

A coin dropped from the hanging cap where Momo picked it up and put it back. The man took this as Momo putting money of his own into the cap.

"Aw, much obliged, little bat thing" the man thanked Momo as Aang searched in his pockets for coins.

"It means a lot to hear airbender stories, it must have been a hundred years ago your great-grandpa met them" Aang stated in appreciation.

"What are you prattling about, child? Great granpappy saw the airwalkers last week" the guy motioned to his VERY MUCH ALIVE GRANDFATHER who WAVED. Definitely alive, but airbenders are supposed to be extinct. Minus Aang, of course. So what was going on here?

------------------------------

I'm so sorry guys! I meant to update sooner but I've been busy. I still am balancing work and college applications, and the senior school year is ending soon! Bit anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and I will see y'all in the next one!
-Rose