Winter Solstice

Julia Brennan, Inner Demons. Not my song or video but it's what I use to calm my panic attacks. I hope it helps some of you guys. Hope you enjoy!

----------------

Lyra's POV

"My Village desperately needs your help." The old man pleaded.

"Is this some sort of trap?' I questioned suspiciously as I stepped between him and Aang.

"No, I swear!" The man answered quickly.

I nodded and let what remained of my guard down. His heartbeat didn't rise so I knew he wasn't lying.

Aang placed a gentle on my shoulder to calm me completely.

"Let's help them, Lyra." Aang smiled and I nodded stepping back.

I was still cautious but allowed the man to guide us. I scanned the area cautiously of any sneak attacks but found none. We walked for about a mile before we arrived at a half destroyed village.

We entered a large townhouse in the center of the village.

It was filled with people of all ages.

We stopped just after the entrance.

"This young person is the Avatar and one of his companions bares the spirit of the ocean." The old man pushed us forward.

"So the rumors of your return are true. It is the greatest honor of a lifetime to be in your presence."

I sense a but.

"Nice to meet you too... So is there something I can help you with?" Aang asked.

I nodded, this village truly seemed in need of help.

"I'm not sure" the mayor trailed in thought. There it is.

"Our village is in crisis. They're our only hope." The old man practically begged.

"I'm sure we can do something!" I urged.

Aang nodded in front of me enthusiastically.

"For the last few days at sunset, a spirit monster comes and attacks our village, he is Hei Bai, the black and white spirit." The man finished.

"Hei Bai...." I spoke thoughtfully

"Why is he attacking you?" Sokka asked

"We do not know but each of the last three nights he has abducted one of our own. We are especially fearful because the winter solstice draws near." The mayor worried.

"What happens then?" Katara asked.

"As the solstice approaches the natural world and the spirit world grow closer and closer until the line between them is blurred completely" the old man explained.

"Hei Bai is already causing devastation and destruction once the solstice is here there is no tell what will happen." The mayor said as the blood drained from my face when I realized what they meant.

"So what do you want us to do exactly?" Aang asked.

"They want us to defeat the spirit.." I answered for them as the two nodded.

-----

"So, uh what's the plan?" I asked and Katara shrugged but Sokka interjected.

"The plan is you stay here, Lyra. Aang was born for this. If anything you're backup. But I'm sure he's got this. See he's already out there and there's no sign of the- oh my spirits." Sokka assured before I heard a loud crash as the monster destroyed a house.

"The Avatars methods are- unusual, and it's acting different like it's looking for something..." the mayor sweated.

"I'm going, Sokka. Aang needs help." I said as I ran ot the door.

"No, Lyr-!" He stopped as Katara and the mayor pulled him back.

I ran towards the monster as it paused lifting its nose in the air seeming to smell something.

It turned to me as I winced beneath its glare.

I stepped back unable to breathe with the pressure in the air.

I heard Aang yell my name but it never reached my ringing ears.

My eyes closed and my head fell back as it grasped me tightly in its fist.

I cried out as a burning pain climped up my arm and stretched across my forehead like hooked vines.

I blacked out.

----

It felt like it had been hours and my body carried a certain lightness to it.

I realized my blindfold was gone when light pierced my eyelids.

Wait.

Light?

I forced my eyes open, and instead of darkness moonlight fell over my face.

"I can see!" I cheered.

But where am I?

I turned around to see a tall warrior built man with eyes of an ocean. His hair was dark and pulled back in a warriors wolf tail except for the inclusion of a white strand that laid in the center of his wolves tail.

His arms were crossed, tanned and smooth, and he had frown lines but currently he wore a straight face though with his angled cheeks it was obvious he could smile.

His skin was that of the water tribes but his eyes were that of the deep ocean.

Hanging on his arm was a smaller woman who wore a warm smile.
Her skin was also tanned like his own and her necklace across her neck was carve with the symbol of yin and yang. Her hair was snow white with the exception of a black strand that spiraled in her half bun.

Her eyes weren't ocean blue but midnight blue like the sky around the moon. They could've been siblings were it not for the silver and gold bands on their left ring fingers.

I stood up quickly dizzying myslf a bit as I realized who these people were, actually more specifically what they were.

The Ocean and Moon Spirits.

-----

We were located in an oasis filled with greenery but surrounded by ice. I was startled to see that we were surrounded by ice.

"Where am I?" I choked in the cold air.

"Careful dear, your spirit is not yet bonded." The moon spirit worried as I tried to stand.

"What do you mean?" I asked exhausted.

The Ocean sighed,

"Your spirit isn't connected to mine and is beginning to battle my own. Should it continue my spirit will accidentally destroy your soul in an attempt to protect itself." He finished.

"Ever notice odd headaches? That's the battle." He explained.

"Okay so what does that mean?" I asked.

"It means you'll be an empty shell for evil spirits." The moon explained as I stood up

"So what do I do?" I breathed anxiously.

"Balance yourself. Allow the release."

I nodded and sat down in a meditative pose. Breathing deeply I let my emotions go. It felt like it'd been days but I felt something click as the Ocean smiled warmly.

"Very good." The Ocean praised.

---------

Sooooo new chapter I hope you guys enjoyed it. Not my favorite but it's alright. Stay safe, and healthy see y'all next time. Goobye my Bookworms and until the next one!
-Rose