Eruption Pt. 1

Heroes of Today- By, Once Monsters, as usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!

-----------------

Lyra's POV

"This is bad.."

I glanced towards him with a 'no shit' look,

"Really? How'd you figure that out?!" I said in the most sarcastic tone I could fathom.

He glared at me as his face scrunched,

"Those people all think they're safe, we've got to warn them!" Sokka said, and cut off our bickering

"I agree" I nodded.

"But there's no way we'll make it down in time!" Aang worried and he took less than a second to think, "grab on!" He ordered a second later, and grabbed Sokka by the wrist as they sped down the mountain slope.

Asura had been watching with her ears back in alert. I whistled as I leapt from rock to rock. Asura took my signal and caught me on her back as we shot down faster than a bolt of lightning, passing Aang (and Sokka) in seconds.

If the situation wasn't so serious I probably would've grinned at how badass we probably looked.

My blood rushed from the sudden speed and after landing I had to pause for a second, as the dizziness to pass.

"We've gotta hurry!" Sokka stated urgently after recollecting himself.

I glared towards him as I brushed the hair from my face and pulled it back into a half updo, secured it with the torn cloth I kept on my wrist for moments like this.

"Sokka, wait!" I stopped him.

He stopped, and Aang stopped running ahead,

"What is it, Lyra? Why'd you stop us?" Sokka asked, sounding worried.

He was asking if I was okay, but, that wasn't it,

"Sokka" I started, "they won't believe us. You saw how much they believe in Aunt Wu. How are we going to convince them that she's wrong?"

Sokka hummed before he responded,

"They have to believe us. Aang's the Avatar, if they don't believe us then they'll believe him!" Sokka stated, sounding desperate.

"I hope you're right" I hesitated.

-------

"Hi, Katara" Aang greeted shly as we ran to talk to her.

"Can you believe she won't let me in? and even after all the business I've given her?" Katara fumed.

I looked.on, unimpressed.

"She has a life too, Katara. And frankly I wouldn't if I was her.." I said as I added the last part in a whisper.

"What was that?" She said quickly.

"Oh nothing"

"But, she doesn't even charge" Aang said, and broke the moment of tension.

"I know, but still" Katara shrugged.

I brought myself back to the issue at hand,

"We didn't come here to talk, Katara" I stated in a serious tone.

Immediately her back went stiff as she recognized my unfraying voice.

"What's wrong?" She asked me,

"We-" I began only to be interrupted,

"Aunt Wu was wrong about the volcano" Sokka said as he interrupted me.