Support

Song by Lindsey Sterling ft. Andrew McMahon- Something Wild (Lyrics)
As usual I don't own the song or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy! Y'all are angels!
-Rose

---------

Lyra's POV

I paused to overhear their conversation as I heard something Katara said,

"Why does the fire nation want to find you?" Katara asked.

This caught my attention and I signaled Asura to land.

We landed silently and I allowed my waterbending to space out to check for any people via moving water. When I found it to be clear I allowed my guard to drop. I carefully lowered myself off Asura, and onto the tree branch to lean back against the trunk with, Asura sitting happily beside me.

It was likely I wouldn't be sleeping for awhile until we left.

Very little sleep meant I'd probably have to look for tea leaves or coffee beans.

Both would probably be almost impossible to find.

Unless... maybe they had some in storage. That was a possibility.

Below Katara and Jet continued as I returned to the conversation below.

"I guess you could say I've been causing a little trouble" Jet almost laughed.

"Understatement of the century." I muttered which Asura reponded to with a coo.

I stroked her tail which rested on my lap.

"See they took over an earth kingdom town a few years back-" Jet continued.

"And we've been ambushing them, cutting off their supply lines, and doing anything we can to mess with them" Pipsqueak said proudly.

"Huh, that makes me wonder. He hasn't said anything about ambushing people.." I trailed and stroke her tail to the rythm of the wind.

"Hopefully they're still alive.." I thought aloud.

"One day we'll drive the fire nation out of here for good, and we'll free that town." Jet said bravely.

It was to fake, his lies were nothing but crystal clear. He intended on driving the fire nation out, that was true. But, him freeing the village was total bullshit.

The way his heart jumped at each lie told me so. I was lucky he was still in my range.

"That's so brave" Katara swooned.

I struggled to hold my laughter. Oh boy I was never gonna let her live that one down.

"Yeah, nothing's braver than a guy in a tree house" Sokka said sarcastically as I felt my face grow red from holding back my laughter.

"Don't pay any attention to my brother" Katara rolled her eyes.

"No problem." Jet brushed it off, "he probably had a rough day."

Rough day indeed o' crazy hookswords guy.

"So, you all live here?"

Finally a good question, hopefully they didn't. Then I could sleep in peace.

My hopes of blissful sleep were wiped away per Jet's next words,

"That's right." I bit back a groan to avoid giving away my position, "Longshot over there, his town got burned down by the fire nation."

Well now I felt really bad for rejecting him..

"And we found The Duke trying to steal our food. I don't think he ever had a home.." Jet continued.