Talking To The Master

Aurora- Cure For Me. Another chapter for the same day! Surprise! I hope you guys like it! I'm on the way with Book 2. Check it out when it comes out, and happy Halloween!

-Rose

Lyra's POV

After the girl left I tied my hair back with a string.

I changed into the clothes and faltered back as my hand brushed my scar, should I cover it? This was a formal event after all, but people would only stare more if I wore a blindfold.

Despite feeling stronger and safer, I still felt off. I felt an intense pull at my gut that screamed for me to run in a random direction.

I redressed in clean attire and followed the others to where the feast would take place.

I heard curious murmurs questioning our group as everyone went to their seats.

The drums beat steadily as the people silenced, my heart was moving to the beat with a quick spur of anxiety squeezing it in its cold fists.

They placed food in from of Azura and Appa nervously. 

Appa growled and didn't hesitate whereas Azura looked at me for approval, I nodded thinking she'd begin eating when she actually tackled the guy closest to her and licked his face before retreating to her food with a hoot.

They dropped something huge into the water at the center which sizzled from the heat as the drums stopped.

The Chief stood to his feet and raised his hands in the air,

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother, and sisters from the southern tribe. And they have brought with them, someone very special, someone who many of us believed disappeared from the world until now.. The Avatar!" He introduced us a I smiled politely and clapped when they introduced Aang as the avatar.

"We also celebrate my daughters 16th birthday, Princess Yue is now of marrying age!" The chief announced happily as I clapped. I felt bad for her, to be forced into a marriage was unthinkable to me, I understood why he did it, but at the same time I put myself in her shoes, if this had been the southern water tribe I would've been married to a boy in similar age to Sokka then have their kids until I inevitably died. But my dad went against such traditions, he wanted us to decide for ourselves who we liked. If we liked girls that was fine, just as long as we had an agreement with someone to have a kid one time. Or if any of us was interested in someone, just as long as the family kept going.

"Thank you, father" Yue nodded, " may the great ocean, and moon spirits watch over us during these troubled times" Yue finished.

My eyes widened in recognition of her voice, of course! She was the one I talked to with Tui and La in the spirit world!

"Now, Master Pakku and his students will preform!" The chief gestured.

I watched as the trio did complex moves with a flick of the wrist, and clapped, I was gonna learn to do that!

Yue sat beside Sokka as I smiled,

"I remember you! I met you in the spirit world" I smiled.

Yue nodded, 

"Yes! I remember you!" she smiled.

Hi, there. Sokka southern water tribe" Sokka greeted coolly, 

"Very nice to meet you" Yue said with a bow of her head.

The two looked away in awkward conversation,

"So, uhh.... you're a princess, huh?" Sokka asked to which she nodded,

"You know, back in my tribe, I'm kind of like a prince myself" Sokka stated as Katara laughed with a scoff,

I laughed quietly at this, it took a actual title to be a prince but keep dreaming, Sokka.

"Ha, the prince of what?" Katara laughed as I took a bite of the crab and sea vegetables, 

My eyebrows shot up in surprise as I took a bite of the vegetables, I don't think I'd ever had anything like it before, but it was amazing!

"A lot of thing!" Sokka countered, "Do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation here!" 

"My apologies, Prince Sokka" Katara joke as I shook my head in amusement,

"So, it looks like I'm going to be in town for awhile. I'm thinking maybe we could... Do an activity together?" Sokka questioned with a shy smile.

"Do an activity?" Yue repeated, as I snorted quietly, coughing as I choked on my tea at how dirty that sounded.

Sokka stuffed his mouth so he couldn't talk and took the moment to think what to say next.

"Yeah ummm, Lyra can come- or uh- me, and you-can hang out somewhere private- uh, actually- we can hang out- not saying somewhere private! I- uhh-" Sokka stuttered as Yue stopped him,

"That sounds like fun, I'd love too" Yue nodded with a smile as I blushed, nope I got Zuko! 

I breathed for a moment,

"Actually, I need to talk to Master Pakku about teaching me" I stated clearing my throat as Katara leaned over, "very smooth" she teased Sokka and returned to eating.

Aang nodded, 

"I may as well come with" he nodded as we walked up to the chief and Master Pakku.

"Ah, Young Avatar! And Miss Ocean Spirit predecessor! Perfect timing! We were just talking about you!" the chief announced as we approached.

I stopped, that was fast.

"Pakku, I'd like to you to meet you new student, the avatar!"  

"Just because you're destined to save the world, don't expect any special treatment. And you girl, I expect you want to learn as well?" He questioned me as I nodded,

"I don't usually do this, but since you're the ocean spirit's student I shall teach you. The same goes as well for you, just because you're blind doesn't mean I'll treat you any differently than my other students" Master Pakku stated as I nodded and bowed,

"I understand sir, and I'd like to thank you for this opportunity" I stated sincerely.

The man scoffed as he walk away, 

"You should be thanking the chief, I was going to tell you no from the start" Master Pakku stated as he walked back a step.

"please forgive him" the chief apologized, "he majorly dislikes todays events as this was his day off."

I nodded, and shook off the words he said,

"It's okay, I understand that" I nodded.

"My friend and I can't wait to start training with you.. that is after we relax for a few days" Aang stated as I shook my head,

"I'll start whenever you're willing, Master Pakku" I stated with a respectful bow of the head.

"If you want to relax, then I suggest visiting a tropical island. If not, I'll see you all at sunrise" he remarked. "Be more like your friend here, she knows that there is no time to waste in relaxing with a war going" he stated and walked away.

This was going to be fun..

-----------------------------------

Soooooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I am feeling very inspired, and I'm just going to keep going until I can't. Anyways have a good day/night my Bookworms! And stay safe and healthy, and I'll see y'all in the next one! Byee!

-Rose