Breakfast and introductions

Her outfit worn outside. Not my photo or art. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
-------
Lyra's POV

The day began as usual. I woke earlier then Sokka, and Katara to start on chores.

Apparently, My siblings had found Aang frozen in the ice.

The story seemed choppy, as Sokka had removed some parts. But seemed legitimate.

But to have a real airbender? Alive? And the massive sky bison he'd brought with him? Aang seemed innocent enough, but what if he attracted fire nation? And what'd happened to the fish I'd requested? I was lucky there was plenty of food leftover from yesterdays meals.

I sighed, knowing I'd have to explain why there was no fish.

Or, better yet, why don't I try catching fish? It'd been many years since I had observed fishing much less participated, and here I was treated like a fragile vase. I remembered how to do it from the ways I'd been taught

It was still early before dawn, so I prepared a fire in the center of the village. I opened a hole in the ice which took longer then I'd have liked but I managed, eventually lowering a large trap, as I prepared the first part of the meal.

I added purified water into a large pot from a pitcher and began to add seaweed. I added sea prunes as well as the noodles.

Suddenly the net lurched in the water. In an instant I grabbed the taut rope, pulling the net up with some difficulty, just as I'd been taught. Several fish came up covered in water which made it very easy to see. I quickly and painlessly killed them and began descaling, and gutting them, then roasting them over the fire on skewers which I turned every so often. It wasn't the process that'd been hard, it'd been the fishing. Despite achieving my goal, I'd barely managed to pull the net up, and I'd soaked my parka. I shivered imagining how Sokka would react if he found out I'd done this on my own. Not like he'd believe me.

I kept the fish guts for bait and put them on a drying rack far enough from the fire to not cook it  but dry it.

Several people awoke and took over. Insisting I sit down.

I allowed them to take over, but woke up Katara, and Sokka.

"Sokka, Katara!" I whisper yelled. Sokka woke up with some difficulty, but with the help of Katara, and some water he woke up.

"WHY'S IT ALWAYS WATER?!" Sokka yelled as he was soaked, I handed him a wolf pelt to dry off which he took gratefully. 

Katara moved to wake Aang up, but I told her not to.

"We shouldn't wake him. He's probably tired. Let him sleep some more" I said.

Katara nodded, though I hadn't seen it.

Sokka groaned.

He quickly dressed, and tied his hair in a "wolves tail" as he called it.

As we stepped outside he gave an obnoxious huff.

"What is it Mr. Grumpy? Did you not like your wake up gift?" I said shoving his shoulder playfully.

"Not much of a gift..." he grumbled in annoyance.

Katara laughed.

"Yeah, well we couldn't wake you up" I smirked and leaned against the wall of the village.

Sokka and Katara left me to sit by the fire not long after. I assumed they went to grab breakfast.

Katara and Sokka approached from behind as I turned to them.

"Hey, we got you breakfast." Sokka said as Katara handed me a cup of tea with I took with a thankful nod. I moved my hair from my face and pulled the headband off. I had to put on my salve. I realized I had forgotten it in the tent along with my drinking pouch.