Taunting Fish

The Everlove- I'm Dangerous (Nightcore). As usual not my song, or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

-----------------

Lyra's POV

It had been several days after the hallucinations had vanished, and I had finally accepted what I had dreamt as just a very vivid dream.

Asura's feathers had had to be manually straightened, and cleaned and brushed (which was a pain in the butt to do. But, it made her feathers much softer).

My bending had also returned to its former glory, (and plus!) After a compromise between La, and I. We had agreed that it was much safer if he gave one of my eyes full vision, and he took one blind eye. He said that the reason for it was, because he kept running into everything when I was using his sight, and he was using my blind eyes. So if he kept one blind eye, and I kept one sightful eye we would both be in a better boat.

I still kept it covered, though. Especially when I wasn't using it.

Currently, I was enjoying a nice swim in the water. Sokka had the immense luck to be taunted by a Mahi Mahi (dolphin fish). I watched with my newly acquired eye.

I decided to pause to watch the situation pan out. On the sidelines, of course.

The fish gave him a challenging expression, and jumped in the air tauntingly.

I choked on my laughter, and it came out as a snort.

Sokka shot me a playful glare, and I stuck my tongue out in response making the sides of his lip turn upward momentarily as he shook his head in exasperation.

I puckered my lips like a fish making mocking fish sounds,

"He is taunting us!" Sokka stated and jumped to his feet, staring daggers into the eyes of the fish.

"You are so gonna be dinner." He said threateningly.

He snatched the fishing rod up from the rock and prepared to cast out the rod when he noticed the lack of fishing line.

"Hey, where's the fishing line?" He questioned and turned to see if perhaps it had fallen off.

"Oh, I didn't think you'd need it, Sokka" Aang said with a sheepish smile and held up a lovely looking necklace.

"Aw, it's all tangled!" Sokka said dismayed.

"Not tangled" Aang corrected "woven".

I snorted again, I was safely across the water so I wasn't worried about anything he could do to get me back,

"Yeah, Sokka!" I agreed, "woven" I mocked.

He pouted as Aang resumed talking,

"I made you a necklace, Katara" Aang said sweetly, "I thought since you lost your other one.." he said holding the necklace up for Katara to view.

Katara walked forward taking the necklace from his hands,

"Thanks, Aang. I love it." Katara said with a touched expression.

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry making business." Sokka stated in a grump, sarcastic voice.

"Oh, hush you." I chided him wading onto the shore and pulling the water from my clothes, something I'd been unable to do because I'd actually managed to pull some water out of my skin. It hurt, that's all I'll say. Luckily I knew how to do it now. "It's not like you were gonna catch that fish with a fishing pole anyway. It already spotted you, so I doubt it would've been fooled." I laughed.

Sokka still looked determined and decided to go after the fish.

"Idiot" I deadpanned.

I returned my attention back to Aang and Katara,

"I don't see why I can't do both" Aang finally spoke.

The fish leapt from the water and Sokka threw the fishing pole like a spear but missed,

"Stop taunting me!" He grunted in frustration and pulled his whalebone tooth dagger from his belt and launched himself after the fish.

Aang looked after him as he went after the fish with a unimpressed expression.

He turned to Katara's voice once I'd helped her secure the necklace,

"So, how do I look?" She asked abashly.

I clapped, and heard La's voice in my head noticing the way Aang looked at Katara, starstruck,

"It's so pretty!" I cheered and Katara looked to Aang.

"You mean all of you? Or just you're neck-- I mean, because both look great." Aang rubbed what the back of his head.

Sokka popped up from the water with the fish in his arms and his voice popped into the conversation,

"Smoochie smoochie. Someone's in love..." Sokka teased Aang.

I brought some water up below him to pull him under as a quick prank but the fish had my back and slapped, Sokka in the face with its tailfin.

"Haah!" He cried out as he fell.

"I well--" Aang stammered, and I smirked knowingly.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka" Katara scolded him. Oohh was she about to admit her crush? I asked myself leaning forward eagerly.

"Aang's just a good friend, a sweet little guy. Just like Momo.." Katara finished her sentence, causing me to wince internally and she scratched the lemurs sweet spot making Asura mew with jealousy, and Momo was instantly gone at her side.

Ouch, that's one way to go... Also no smut, Asura! You're still growing, you're not allowed to date yet!

"Thanks..." Aang said in disappointment, and Sokka clamoured from the water wet, and empty handed.

"Would you like a hand with that water?" I asked with a teasing expression.

Sokka was quick to shake his head,

"Nope! I can get dry by myself!" He stated childishly, and proceeded to slip on a rock, and fall back in the water.

"Are you sureee?" I sang teasingly.

He groaned, taking my offered hand,

"Fine..." He huffed, "but just this once!" He said quickly.

I smirked knowingly,

"Okay, sureeeee" I sang.

I glanced to the sky knowingly, sensing the high humidity, and made a guess that it'd rain despite the cloudless sky.

My cheeky smile was cut off as I heard the sound of a platypus bear roar.

"It came from that way!" I pointed towards a slightly overgrown path.

"Always running into danger.." I sighed irritadly. Not mad at the people with problems cause I probably would be a hypocrite, but just annoyed it seems to be when we're on a tight schedule.

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and have a great day! I'll see y'all in the next one. I love y'all until next time!
-Rose