The Battle For The Air Temple

Lyra's POV

The little girl ran to her father who picked her up with a comforting smile.

I turned with my back to them and crossed my hands behind my back, a serious expression made it's way to my face as I looked down the cliffside. The smoke hadn't stopped, in fact it had only grown more potent.

Katara nodded as she looked over the ledge to see me poised with a knife at my side.

"Ready?" Aang yelled as I nodded and melted the snow into freezing water.

I struggled to hold the immense amount of water as my hand trembled from the weight. I really needed to work on my main bending skills.

The water stretched above the ground as the soldiers marched up the path. I relaxed my hands and the water fell as the aerial attacks began. My ice path already seemed to be affective in addition to the trenches as the soldiers struggled to climb up the slippery footpath and fell into the pits.

The soldiers were doused in water which would no doubt slow the down.

Aang dropped by me with an air scooter as the soldiers got closer.

"Can you make a lot of snow?" He asked me quickly as I nodded. I waved my hand and restructured the molecules into snow as he thanked me and sent my snow down the mountain in an avalanche.

The soldiers were running! We were winning!

I grinned and turned to Asura who immediately jumped to her feet.

What? What was she doin-

I thought when she snatched me off my feet when I heard something lodge in the ground where I'd just been standing.

"Monkeyfeathers!" I swore as she let me go.

They were chains of some sort.

The clouds warped around the object as I recognized a- tank?

Katara screamed as Appa attempted to dodge. Luckily he was successful.

Aang and the others tried with great difficulty to destroy these, dropping bombs on them, anything.

"Shit, this is bad" I muttered as I fled into the pipes. I told Asura to help the others as I fled.

I instantly entered the pipes and closed the lock behind me as I felt fogginess cloud my brain. Maybe I didn't open enough holes from air.

I exited at the bottom of the pipes from where the soldiers had fled on my icy path. There were several tanks stuck in the snow as firebenders moved around. Maybe I could hijack one of the tanks.

I opened the door of the exit still unstructured by the cliffs as I took a heavy breath of smoky air.

I heard a soldier curse as a tank broke down after he attempted to free it from the ice. The heat from his bending melted the snow into water as my initial fear turned to relief.

I opened the pipe as I raced back up to the top to the others. I noticed Aang sending blast of air at the tanks.

He was barely holding up the fight as I raced to his side. Katara was right behind me as we nodded to each other in understanding.

I took care of two approaching tanks as I sent a massive wave of spiked ice into the two. Katara took out two as well with ice as well as more approached.

I looked to Aang and Katara as intensely heated fireball were sent our way.

I could take care of these but not with them here,