Soaring

Noah Kahan- False Confidence- as usual not my song or video as usual I don't own the image. I was listening to this while writing this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

----------------

Lyra's POV

I woke up to find myself becoming overheated. It was very unpleasant. But, it was livable.

I sighed finding myself caught up on some sleep. It sounded like it had begun to approach evening. The sun, and the somewhat chilling breeze ushered me up.

Asura seemed to have the same idea and finished grooming herself clean.

I fetched my now clean clothes from the river. As I ran my finger over them I realized how old they were. It was time for and outfit change. The charred and burnt fabric would catch far to much attention.

I found Asura's saddle and opened the pouch for spare items. It was my favorite clothes.

I pulled on my lower garments, since it was 'that time of the month'. Either way it wasn't much help for my exhaustion, and sour mood.

I was lucky that I'd managed to get some rest. I'd probably use it tonight.

I went to wrap my chest, but found my normal wrappings no longer fit me. My chest had grown significantly. I was starting to gain some shape in my hips. The aching in my muscles was enough to tell me the effects of the hot bath had worn off.

I took apart the scorched material, and stored what I didn't use in my bag on Asura's saddle.

I sewed the cloth together to make an odd shaped chest covering.

It made my back a bit less tight and I found myself satisfied with its comfortable effects.

I pulled on my new pants and found the material softer than I had at first predicted when I bought them at the market.

They were oddly stretchy, the lady said they were made from a softer material called cotten and not woven animal fur.

The dress shirt was a nice even cornflower blue.

I brushed through my hair again and braided it. Then I did the hanging ponytails I wore and secured them with a silky ribbon.

I pulled my pants down again, nearly forgetting the wrappings I wore to stop blisters, when I rode on Asura for too long. I nodded, satisfied, and continued on. I pulled the dress over my head and secured the pins.

I pulled my boots on then finished by sliding on my gold bands that sat on my shoulders and clicked together my wrist cuffs.

"Not bad for being blind, eh Katara?" I laughed bitterly to myself as La shared his vision with me. I created a mirror of ice and nodded in satisfaction as La gushed,

"Dammnnn!" He gushed, I posed to humor him, "yeahhh, work those hips!!" He cheered like a teen girl.

"Alright, are we ready, Darling?" I asked Asura as the mirror fell back into water.

Asura nodded, and I secured my blindfold. I took a breath, calming myself. I needed to find out what Jet was up to. But for now I needed to make it to the dinner he had invited us to.

I approached Asura and dusted off non-existent dust from her saddle.

I secured the straps below her wing joints for freedom of movement. I secured the saddle straps on her stomach.

Oddly enough, she seemed to enjoy it. Perhaps it felt like she was being pampered. I'd never know.

I mounted her, securing myself.